Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Recent content by Stuart Mitchell Knives
The awesome MakerMoot is coming up (13-15th Nov 2026), Visit the TORM & ARM markets,and have space back at camp to work on projects and enjoy great company.PLEASE CLICK HERE for more information.
Keen eye.
It is a slightly modified version of the Muntjac. You can see an actual Muntjac here: https://www.stuartmitchellknives.com/muntjax#/710/
The edge of the orange one above is slightly more parallel to the spine, and the handle is slightly different too, with the finger-grip protrusion...
I have long since had the idea of the SCCS in the back of my mind; I mentioned it a while ago elsewhere, but TBH, just too busy to sort anything. I will have to do something about it one day, though.
SCCS? Steel City Cutlery Socials
I have chatted with other makers and generally interested...
I suspect a little-known fact is that the blades were made, including the fitting of the guards, in Sheffield by a company called Aesculap, a surgical instrument manufacturer.
Aesculap are still around as part of B.Braun.
A little about the markings you see above.
I don't intend to engrave my usual blade mark on these; I don't think it suits. The blades will get the usual FS markings, but they probably do want a reference to the maker too.
So, as above, I plan (for now anyway) to place a simple SM along with...
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.