Recent content by Keith_Beef

  • The awesome MakerMoot is coming up (13-15th Nov 2026), Visit the TORM & ARM markets,and have space back at camp to work on projects and enjoy great company. PLEASE CLICK HERE for more information.
  1. Keith_Beef

    For Sale Moore and Wright micrometer (metric)

    I learnt to use one of these when I was about seven and found my granddad's box of them. Great things.
  2. Keith_Beef

    Anyone a fan of tinned fish?

    https://www.theguardian.com/business/2026/sep/11/tinned-mackerel-jack-substitution
  3. Keith_Beef

    Found a grubby old bottle!

    I doubt that pop bottles would contain lead; that was added to more expensive tableware. If you really want to be sure, you can get lead testing swabs. I bought some for my daughter when she started buying old ceramics.
  4. Keith_Beef

    Which Avatar

    I searched that image, too. Poppy, haven't you already changed it every so slightly?
  5. Keith_Beef

    Carnation Condensed Milk

    Lenny Henry used to talk about condensed milk sandwiches.
  6. Keith_Beef

    What did you buy today?

    Some items from the Savotta sale, discontinued items. A couple of 12 litres pouches in tropical multicam, four 120cm straps, roll top stuff sack.
  7. Keith_Beef

    What did you buy today?

    Deleted, curious double post.
  8. Keith_Beef

    Slow gin and Patxaran

    I didn't try that...
  9. Keith_Beef

    Slow gin and Patxaran

    We have a bottle of that in the bar, I'll take a look at the label a bit later. Ok, so the label describes Patxaran as "wild sloe liqueur"... The ingredients are listed as wild sloes, aniseed, sugar, water and alcohol. It's horribly sweet, 18% abv. The flavour of the aniseed is almost...
  10. Keith_Beef

    A.I Created images and video

    Go up to New England... There are lots of small producers, many of them with goats, making good cheeses. But the rules on transporting unpasteurised dairy produce mean that butter and cheese made from raw milk produced in one state cannot be sold in a neighbouring state without jumping...
  11. Keith_Beef

    Hops

    I've seen them sold over here as "tisane" (herbal tea); supposedly relaxing and encouraging good, restful sleep. I've no idea of the amount that you'd use for a mug of water... I suppose start off with a little and increase it if the flavour or smell is too weak.
  12. Keith_Beef

    Cast iron cookware

    There's still a kidney to put into a frying pan...
  13. Keith_Beef

    Mosquitos

    Mosquitoes have been much more numerous this summer compared to previous summers. I suspect that we have both Aedes aegypti and Aedes albopictus; the two are very similar and the only time I get a good look at one is when I've managed to squash it. One squashed mozzie looks like any other...
  14. Keith_Beef

    The Buffalo Field Blanket

    It costs much more than a roast chicken. Would you let your cat jump on a roast chicken? How would you prevent that? Apply the same reasoning to any other object.
  15. Keith_Beef

    British folder?

    I have a couple of his from donkeys' years ago. I suppose you could describe them as "nail busters", but with a strong pinch and a bit of practice I can open them more or less one handed.