Wildlife Facing Flooding and Approaching Hurricane

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
That must be a bit of a worry for the local people. Especially if they have pets or kids. One more worry to contend with. I certainly would be wary of wading through flood water with that lot!

Reactions: santaman2000

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
That must be a bit of a worry for the local people. Especially if they have pets or kids. One more worry to contend with. I certainly would be wary of wading through flood water with that lot!
I haven’t heard or read of any violent encounters yet. It’s always possible. Likewise with water snakes or even land snakes displaced by the floods. Fire ants are always a problem during flooding as well: displaced fire ants form into a ball clinging to one another to float on the surface of the floodwaters until they strike land and drive all the other animals back into the water.

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
Sometimes I'm glad I live in the UK! !! Most we have to worry about when it floods is rescuing the cat and dog or farm animals. :)
Havnt yet come across a Croc snake or fire ant here. Thank heavens!

Reactions: santaman2000

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
Fire ants aren’t native here either. They arrived in the 1930s through the port of Mobile, Alabama and spread.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE