Underground split log bed

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Gcckoka

Settler
Nov 13, 2015
Georgia
Hello everyone and thanks for joining , this week I started to make a bed , splitting the log was difficult because the piece I got didnt had natural cracks yet , but I still decided to proceed as I dont like backing up
icon_e_smile.gif

So it went as planned , cooked some nice steak and enjoyed the outdoors with my doggo , a lot of hard work and lot of pain in muscles the next day but well worth it and lesson well learned , heres a video and will post pictures later as I have them in my phone , as always your thoughts and advices are much appreciated

Cheers
Nick

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
Thank you for the new video. My lunch had to wait while I watched! Was that pine that you split?
Many wedges. I see the Haida, Tsimshian and Tlingit (Pacific Northwest First Nations native peoples) split cedar like that.
They start in the end and work the wedges down both sides. Hard work, even in cedar.

Reactions: Gcckoka

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE