show us yer ferret

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

andyc54

Settler
Dec 28, 2010
durham
just a bit daftness but i think there is a few here with ferrets plus its an excuse to show off my newest one (read as first)

hes 3 years old but was going to be killed so i rehomed him hes soft as muck and a funny little guy

my god daughter named him carlos :rolleyes:

here he is enjoying the snow on his new leader i hope to work him one day for some tasty bunnys

facebook_-766260809_zps2e2aff11.jpg

cheers for looking

andy

andyc54

Settler
Dec 28, 2010
durham
he had a good few and did nt work them all so he was giving them away or they were getting shot,im a right softy so took him in :(

yeah i think you can he seems to follow me most of the time unless some where needs exploring indepth i dont think he would walk far but the lead and harness does nt bother him its more for when we going camping he can come with us in a dog crate :)

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
You walk them...Well, your average ferret is incapable of walking in a straight line for more than three inches...with a lot of patience.

andyc54

Settler
Dec 28, 2010
durham
You walk them...Well, your average ferret is incapable of walking in a straight line for more than three inches...with a lot of patience.

he does an ok job like i say just if something takes his interest and hes not very quick at walking dont think i'll be hiking miles with him unless hes carried :D

nuggets

Native
Jan 31, 2010
england
P1040445.jpg

its cruel to keep a single ferret alone :( -they need a companion to keep them company ( on walks and such ) :lol:

will let you have a nice jill for ya hob to play with andy :lol: see ya at brockers :lol:

Jul 12, 2012
Liverpool
Me and Ferret's don't get on, well ok me and one ferret dont get on, there was one when I was in collage called norm he was insane even for a ferret that hated me with a passion. I wasn't paying attention one day and he got out of his box and ran up my trouser leg, So commence with the scootching while I tell you all of the Saga of Chris VS Norm.

Picture if you will, a 6ft 5in tall scouser running across a field outside Preston attempting to pull my trousers off screaming "ARGH! ARGH!!!!" while in full view of a beer garden full of fellow students and the general public pulling a ferret out of my trousers, on finally getting off my trousers off and capturing the north bound ferret realising where I am I waddled off with my trousers round my ankles in a attempt to maintain what was left of my dignity and to find a first aid kit.

andyc54

Settler
Dec 28, 2010
durham
haha nice try nuggets i know they should be kept in pairs but hes lived on his own for 3 years before i got him and i really dont want kits lol

lovely looking ferrets there and really like that wicker basket :cool:

yeah looking forward to brockers are you still bringing the jill for a try at ferreting ?

andyc54

Settler
Dec 28, 2010
durham
Me and Ferret's don't get on, well ok me and one ferret dont get on, there was one when I was in collage called norm he was insane even for a ferret that hated me with a passion. I wasn't paying attention one day and he got out of his box and ran up my trouser leg, So commence with the scootching while I tell you all of the Saga of Chris VS Norm.

Picture if you will, a 6ft 5in tall scouser running across a field outside Preston attempting to pull my trousers off screaming "ARGH! ARGH!!!!" while in full view of a beer garden full of fellow students and the general public pulling a ferret out of my trousers, on finally getting off my trousers off and capturing the north bound ferret realising where I am I waddled off with my trousers round my ankles in a attempt to maintain what was left of my dignity and to find a first aid kit.

:lmao::lmao::lmao: thats hilerious i love it,go team norm ;)

WULF

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 19, 2012
South Yorkshire

Picture if you will, a 6ft 5in tall scouser running across a field outside Preston attempting to pull my trousers off screaming "ARGH! ARGH!!!!" while in full view of a beer garden full of fellow students and the general public pulling a ferret out of my trousers, on finally getting off my trousers off and capturing the north bound ferret realising where I am I waddled off with my trousers round my ankles in a attempt to maintain what was left of my dignity and to find a first aid kit.[/QUOTE]

:lmao:

:rofl:

Red Fox

Dec 31, 2012
Cheshire
Nice looking polecat Andy. A good book for you to look at is a book called ferrets and fereting it covers all of the joys of fereting from food to making a carry box, how to work them and so on.Some people feed ferets bread and millk on a regular basis because its easy and cheap but this will make them go blind and is not good for them. Some peoplel feed them feret complete a dry food but i have not liked it, my ferrits did not do well on it so i stopped giving it to them. Me and other people i know fed ferrets on cat food which kept them healthy and full of themselfs. Shooting pigions and such gave them a treat and after a day of chashing rabbits the heart liver and kidneys were the ferets treat.Theres a little sack on the rabbits liver, be sure to remove it as it contines toxins. Bread and millk is not allways bad if your ferret is off its food,then a day or two on slops will help a bad tummy. An egg is allways a treat Andy they like eggs do ferrets. Looks like that ferrets landed on his feat finding you:) ...

andyc54

Settler
Dec 28, 2010
durham
cheers elen im sure cats and ferrets dont mix to well

thanks for all that red fox im feeding him dry ferret food and fresh chicken wings from the local butcher ohh and he got turkey for his christmas dinner...

hes not spoiled at all lol

i knew about the slops been bad as there lactose intolerant when doing research.will try an egg tomorrow

i'll try my best to give him a great life so i hope he has landed on his feet :)

nuggets

Native
Jan 31, 2010
england
what he needs is a girlfriend andy !! :) Someone to snuggle up too on these COLD winter nights :) That will cheer him up no end :) :wink:

andyc54

Settler
Dec 28, 2010
durham
what he needs is a girlfriend andy !! :) Someone to snuggle up too on these COLD winter nights :) That will cheer him up no end :) :wink:

god loves a trier ;)

i may see how much my vet charges to get them "done" but im not promising as i think im all he needs in his life :p

Opal

Native
Dec 26, 2008
Liverpool

Love it. :lmao:

Bushwhacker

Banned
Jun 26, 2008
Dorset
just a bit daftness but i think there is a few here with ferrets plus its an excuse to show off my newest one (read as first)

hes 3 years old but was going to be killed so i rehomed him hes soft as muck and a funny little guy

my god daughter named him carlos :rolleyes:

here he is enjoying the snow on his new leader i hope to work him one day for some tasty bunnys

facebook_-766260809_zps2e2aff11.jpg

cheers for looking

andy

Is he from working stock or pet stock?

Bushwhacker

Banned
Jun 26, 2008
Dorset
Me and other people i know fed ferrets on cat food which kept them healthy and full of themselfs.

Cat food isn't even good for cats let alone ferrets. Far too much salt in it (which will affect the kidneys) and not enough protein content for a ferret.
Not so bad if it is supplemented by pigeon, rabbit, squirrel, but still not the best all the same.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE