Pocket spoon

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Billy-o

Native
Apr 19, 2018
Canada
I was emptying out my pockets and thought I’d take a pic. Not because I have especially desirable pocket litter, but because I noticed that I have started to include something weird in my edc. – A spoon!

One of the kids had picked it up in a café and it showed up in the garden. I trousered it with the intention of dropping it in the dishwasher.

Never got round to that. But then, I noticed that I’d used it a couple of times, wiped it and put it back in my pocket (a variously handy thing, a pocket spoon, it turns out) and now it has become a fixture. Not big, thin and light it is.

Last week I was wondering about handkerchiefs. The week before it was baseball caps. So, clearly there is something fundamental on my mind. Just waiting to find out what, exactly.:lol:

Anyway, anyone else carrying anything that is oddly useful?

(FYI, that’s a Fisher Bullet pen, a Klarus Ti flashlight, a couple of 8’ bits of paracord – used for all things, but most frequently to extend the dog’s leash – a Spyderco Urban Leaf, a notebook, lipbalm and said spoon :))

Any tips about spoon design, custom makers, best materials, heat treatment, uses and maintenance warmly received :)

Pocket_dump.jpg

Last edited:

Ruud

Jun 29, 2012
Belgium
www.rudecheers.wordpress.com
I am modifying stuff that took too much space or was too heavy to use daily. Which is why I made a kydexsheath for my most used cards (ID card, bank card, badge for work and my drivers license). I can fold money and add it in the sheath. I can secure it to my belt with a bit of paracord when I'm going to a festival for example. I can leave the bulky wallet at home for most of the days.
IMG_20180703_150315.jpg

Reactions: Billy-o

Billy-o

Native
Apr 19, 2018
Canada
That's great, Ruud :)

So far, my response to adding things to my pockets has been to get bigger pockets. I think I need a rethink

This was part of my old keyring ... it became ridiculous and I started to be in need of cordura reinforcements :lol:

Old_keyring.jpg

So, it now lives in this bag, which in turn lives in my backpack .... believe it or not, this junk is the result of a considered editing process :lol::)

Other_crap.jpg

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE