My new sharpening stone pouch!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Samon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
Hi, after finding an old oil stone in my storage the other day I decided I would like to keep it and use it to sharpen up my axe during axe heavy work days.

I didn't have any leather to make one from scratch so I got my DC4 stone pouch out and did a tiny modification to it so I could use that for the new stone. the DC4 stone itself is in poor condition (from new) due to bad quality control and it rarely sees use on anything decent. But the sheath still had 'fallkniven DC4' stamped on it, and was black and shiny and not good enough for stropping on, but the inside leather is!

So I ordered some artificial sinew from ebay (10 metres for £2!) knowing I'd need to sew some leather together, and it came today. I cut out the old stiching on the DC4 pouch and turned it inside out (leather is perfect for stropping on this side!) and began sewing it back together.

Didn't take long to restitch it together and was quit fun to do while watch tv. Now the pouch can also double up as a strop and the stone fits inside perfectly! perfect match up for my axe, and I didn't have to spend much money. :)

So here it is,

DSCF2617.jpg

dc4pouch1.jpg

dc4pouch2.jpg

dc4pouch3.jpg

dc4pouch4.jpg

dc4pouch5.jpg

I recommend anyone with a Dc4 stone and pouch to do this, it makes the existing pouch much better and gives it a more traditional look for those who appreciate that sort of thing.

Thanks for reading :)

Samon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
I think I might need a proper needle though! haha, I used the biggest one in my wifes sewing box but it's alittle bent now :)

I really like my spyderco double stuff sheath as unlike the naff dc4 pouch it isn't coated and make as a ncie strop!

A little autosol and it works a treat!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE