Montane Expedition Smock ! Tumble dry!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

scrogger

Native
Sep 16, 2008
east yorkshire
Has anyone got one of these? I have just had a fantastic night in the woods with Forestry Comission Rangers on a Bushcraft night at Dalby Forest (went with Black sheep). Will give a review of what they did later.

However I came home stinking of smoke and swmbo wants my stuff washing!! reading the label on said smock it say DO NOT tumble dry and to iron instead. However Pertex classic which is the outer according to Pertex's own web site says it can be.

Am I right in thinking that after washing in Grangers all in one or Nikwax the heating up is to regenerate the DWR finish and if so why not tumble dry as per Pertex website.

Cheers

Andy

GlenM

Forager
Jan 11, 2006
Cornwall
I dont have a Montane but I do have a Buffalo special 6 which is virtually the same. Washing it is no problem however reproofing it is not quite straighforward as you might think. Have a look at this http://www.needlesports.com/ find the page for Buffalo and read the washing/reproofing instructions.

Glen

scrogger

Native
Sep 16, 2008
east yorkshire
Cheers Glen I ended up ringing Montane who are actually really good. The care Label says to iron it!!! but they themselves just aid its maybe not the best thing and they would recommend it be cleaned then drip dried. I will bung it in the airing cupboard with a baby bath under it!!!

Thanks for the linky though mate.

Andy

scrogger

Native
Sep 16, 2008
east yorkshire
:D I am going away this weekend for 4 days canoeing up in Scotland so I need to keep them brownie points!! I have just emailed her to say im taking her out for tea!!! (good old Tesco Pizza express vouchers).

Thing is it will end up smelling of smoke again after the weekend but it will be cleaner at least!!

Andy

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE