locking Billycan

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

shinobi

Settler
Oct 19, 2004
Eastbourne, Sussex.
www.sussar.org
Here's a blooming good idea. I found these in a shop in Brighton today.
A billycan very similar to the zebra type but with the addition of a metal strap fastening to stop everything sloshing out in your rucksack.. Don't think it's a waterproof seal, but it's a snug fit so it should keep everything in one place. No bail handle but the strap acts as a handle as well.

22308_l.jpg

Martin

beachlover

Aug 28, 2004
Isle of Wight
I have an almost identical one made by MSR. They do a range of them if I remember correctly from about 500ml or whatever that is in real money.

shinobi

Settler
Oct 19, 2004
Eastbourne, Sussex.
www.sussar.org
Truth be told, The company that makes these ones also makes the MSR ones as well. They were on the next shelf down.
The MSR ones had the original logo next to the MSR logo. I think the brand is called Seagull and it looked very similar to the zebra logo, i.e the animal silouhette inside a circle with the brand written around the outside with something written in Thai as well. Made in the same factory maybe?

Field and trek are stocking both at the mo as well

Martin

Brian

Settler
Nov 6, 2003
Saltburn
Martin,

I've got one of the MSR pots that I got in Canada in 96 and on the bottom it's stamped Zebra, not sure if they still make them but they used to.

Brian

alick

Settler
Aug 29, 2003
Northwich, Cheshire
Yep, seagull brand stuff made in Asia is top quality and the makers stamp that you will find on the bottom of pots sold by MSR and sometimes cheaper by GSI. Style and quality are identical to the Zebra brand billies.

I use the the middle size of this range of "stowaway" pots and it's top quality. They're not waterproof but I carry packet soup, ziplock bags of rice, pasta and potato powder inside mine. Also managed to find stainless mugs and bowls from the same factory. All of these can go on the stove as cooking pots.

Cheers

shinobi

Settler
Oct 19, 2004
Eastbourne, Sussex.
www.sussar.org
Yup, Field and trek have the bowls and plates in as well. I didn't have any paper or a pen to take the prices but I'll try to pop in next week and take a note.

Does anyone know of anywhere else that stocks these? Either online or elsewhere.

Cheers,

martin

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE