How do I clean a milbank bag

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Flaxton

Jun 21, 2012
United Kingdom
I have an old millbank bag and I am wondering how to safely clean it and not to make my filtered water taste of washing powder!

Any ideas? Thanks for your time.

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Just rinse it thoroughly in clean water to get the worst of the particles off then hang up to dry somewhere then store away totally dry until you need to use it next.

tartanferret

Aug 25, 2011
barnsley
stick it in the washing machine with no detergent for it's initial wash.

Add a cheap carabiner/ paracord to suspend from washing line or a branch when in use

Maybe after use, you should turn it inside out to wash? that's where the sediments going to be. I've never got round to using mine.

RonW

Native
Nov 29, 2010
Dalarna Sweden
The way I did it with my (ab)used WW2-bag was simply turn it inside out, rinse properly with plain lukewarm water to get out all the caked up muck and dust, turn it back again, rinse the outside and let it dry. Period.
No bad tastes or odours and perfectly usable. I tried it.

Flaxton

Jun 21, 2012
United Kingdom
Thanks guys - will use a combo of the above, hand wash a with drop of fiary liquid, then a no soap washing machine. It's old and mildewy so needs a good clean. Might boil it as well!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE