1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hi I am in need of bushcraft friends

Discussion in 'Wales' started by Mancalleddave, Feb 20, 2017.

1. Mancalleddave

Mancalleddave Member

Hello It's David Green in Bridgend here.

I am looking to make some friends/join a group that likes going out into the county and doing survivial/bushcraft things and walking through the landscape.
    Not really sure where to go so I reckon a post on this forum is a good start, I am fed up with going out with just me and my dog and need some company.
    Id love to go wildcamping, cook over fires, make shelters and walk long distances.
    I do plan to come to bushmoot this year as I've not been brave enough to come in previous years, I see the bushmoot is in my backyard really, as I love to go to the sand dunes regularly.:)

2. Hammock_man

Hammock_man Full Member

You truly must, must, must get to the moot. Bridgend and not been, I for one will make you a cup of tea.

3. Bishop

Bishop Full Member

Next month as the weather hopefully improves I'm heading up to Moel Prysgau area. First one into the bothy gets the kettle on.

4. Leshy

Leshy Full Member

Hello and welcome Dave!👍

5. Trotsky

Trotsky Full Member

We went to our first moot last year, we weren't entirely sure what to expect. What we found were lots of friendly people who made us feel most welcome, oh and the Naughty Corner... Finding that on the first night (in the torrential rain) meant we nearly didn't find our way back to our tent!
    You must go this year if you can, I'm sure you'll make friends with someone there and some memories too. If you do come along, look out for a lass with bright coloured hair, that will be my other half, I won't be far away so come say hello.

6. Erhard

Hey, I'm new to the site but not so much to roughing it outdoors for a few days! I'm in Aberystwyth so if you're around the area give me a nod! There's not that many of us in my area either.

7. randellmcphee

I'm looking to join a moot, could some one let me know when the next one is?

8. tall.trees

tall.trees Full Member

Im in Machynlleth, will send a PM to say hi

9. ginge.j

Hi David, i too am from Bridgend. I am currently going through a few health issues at the moment but in the new year will be looking at getting out and about.

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk