1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Finland May 2018.

Discussion in 'Forest Knights' started by Wayne, Jun 4, 2018.

1. Wayne

Wayne BCUK Welfare Officer
    Mod

8110FBE8-27EB-44F7-A526-1B9982C0C6F3.jpeg

The last night we decided to camp close to the nearest town and paddle in to head to a Resturant for a meal and a beer. Puumla is an attractive little Finnish town with a few choices to eat and some lovely views on route. No sightings of moose just micro moose otherwise known as Hares. We spotted a few Cranes and Raven or 2.

0A5AE746-322A-43E5-B4C1-2BA3FF528F98.jpeg

The view from my tent on our last night.

877D0777-3AEA-4807-8FBA-443F42BD5EC5.jpeg

78D84F34-A80B-4BCB-95C7-400A24C8FF65.jpeg

The final nobody died shot back at the harbour.

Sadly all too quickly this trip came to an end with a leisurely trip back to Helsinki with a couple of stops for coffee and lunch with a bit of souvenir shopping thrown in.

Once again all the Finns we met were really rather welcoming and forgiving of my lack of Finnish.

Our September 2018 trip is full. Maximum of 8 clients with 4 staff.

The dates for 2019 our on our website. The current price for 2018 is £625 per person. If BCUK members book before then end of September we will hold the price for 2019.

Attached Files:

#1 Wayne, Jun 4, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 29, 2018
    Arya and Janne like this.
  2. John Fenna

John Fenna Lifetime Member & Maker

That looks a great trip!

3. Dean

Dean Mod
    Mod

Looks absolutely stunning, I hope that the weather and conditions are the same next year, am looking really forward to my first canoeing expedition and first time abroad.

4. Wayne

Mod

I’m sure you would enjoy a few days paddling watching the wildlife. Shame you’re a little bit broken. Are you still canoeing?

5. John Fenna

I have sold my boats and have not been in a canoe for over a year - nearer two!
    I am down for one knee replacement, then the surgeon wants to do the other ... followed by my two hips - but he says this may not sort me as my SI is stuffed too!
    Cheerful beggar!
    Using a walking stick has given me "Golfer's ("A Good Walk - Spoiled" M Twain) Elbow and makes my stuffed shoulder play up (next step for that joint is chopping bits off both ends of the joint to give the strings more working room)
    However, my Cunning Plan (I will reveal more at the Moot) is paying dividends and as long as I do not kneel or sit for too long I am out of constant pain and have found I can manage about 5 miles walking a day - on flat surfaces such as roads, no slopes or steps - without having to take even a Paracetamol! :)
    The Wilderness is something I will only ever see again in my old photos - but I have a couple of nice Bushcraft sites I can still get to and enjoy without any hassles :)

Nomad64 likes this.
  6. Tony

Tony White bear (Admin)
    Admin

Ahh, I think I was about to blab about your cunning plan John, just as well I read the above, I will resist and not tell them about the military grade robot suit you've blagged for review and never sent back!!! goodjob

Wayne, trip look amazing, I seriously have to get out there with the family and you!

7. John Fenna

Oh yes Tony - Mums the word :)

8. Wayne

Mod

Tony. Sounds like a good plan. Going to get Matt and his family out there soon.

9. Wayne

Mod

We now have dates for our winter snowshow expedition

17th February - 24th.

Going to be fantastic opportunity to practice winter skills and journey through the Finnish wilderness.

As usual Forestknights offer exceptional value at £650pp.

Full members of BCUK will receive a £50.00 discount.

10. Sundowner

Sundowner Full Member

Why haven't I got permission to view the pics up close?

11. C_Claycomb

Mod

Closer than what? What does the post look like to you? Do you see the images interspersed with the text? How large are the images that you see?

When I view Wayne's post, I see pictures interspersed with text. They are not huge pictures, but not thumbnails, about the size I would expect for JPEG images sized down to 40kb. They are attachments, rather than image links to a photo host. At the end of the post I see a box of Attached Files and a thumbnail. I can view the images by clicking on that, but they don't get any bigger than they appear in the main post.

We have asked Admin, but it would be good to have some more details about what you see. :)

Wayne likes this.
  12. Sundowner

Sundowner Full Member

This is what I see.... if I try to expand the pics on my android, they are out of focus straight away
    [​IMG]

13. C_Claycomb

Mod

Ah, okay. When I use my iphone, if I am logged in, I see the pictures full size, no need to expand. If I am not logged in, they show as they do for you, small. Same as if I view the thread on my computer, but not logged in. Images are small then too.

It might be interesting to see what they look like for you from a computer, whether they stay small. It does seem though that it is a permissions issue. :(

Over to Admin, I am afraid.

14. Wayne

Mod

Interesting as they show full size for me. I haven’t tried looking at thread logged out.

15. Bionic

Bionic Forager

I’m logged in on my I phone and they only appear as small thumbnails the same as Sundowner :frown:

16. Tony

Tony White bear (Admin)
    Admin

Umm, permissions seem fine, not sure what the problem is ...