Double Camera Shoulder Strap

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

garethw

Settler
Hi there
I've seen these before, and while in theory they look really good idea, I'm not convinced. When I worked for papers and agencies as a photographer, I always had at least two bodies out and ready to use on an assignment. Often you need to crawl, run, climb, kneel etc. I found it easier to be able to put the cameras down, back in a bag or pass them to some one. I'd imagine if you're decked out like a christmas tree it would be a PITA to get the gear off to be able to move fast.
Also it looks a fairly bulky affair. If you're a working photographer you're always conscious to reduce the amount of bulk and weight you carry.
I think a good wide camera strap is all you need. The best strap I ever had was a freebie given to me by Nikon at a sporting event. Even though I used Canon cameras I always had it on my main body.. much to the annoyance of the Canon rep. I used it on several cameras until it got stolen (unfortunatley with a full camera bag too.) Perhaps Canon listend as the last two cameras both had good wide straps tha don't dig into your neck.
Just my 2 Euros worth.

Gareth

markmullen

Oct 4, 2012
North Yorkshire
I use the Black Rapid, a DR1 dual harness which splits down into a single side if I'm only carrying one camera.

It really is very good, my neck was injured in a car crash ( a customer destroyed a Porsche 911 I was trying to sell him whilst test driving it) and was really suffering with the weight of a big setup on a neck strap. The Black Rapid sorted that, I've shot weddings and events all day with two cameras and haven't felt it.

I use it with a Canon 1ds mk2 with 135mm f2 and 550ex flash on one side and a 5d mk3 with 24-105 and 430exii flash on the other, so plenty of weight and it is nice and balanced across my body rather than my neck. It fits under a suit and doesn't look out of place when dressing smartly. If you're crouching you've got to be careful but it isn't a problem.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE