Childs wool blanket coat

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

markheolddu

Settler
Sep 10, 2006
Llanelli
I had a little time today and my son wanted a blanket coat like mine so I had a go.
wool1.jpg

wool2.jpg

I have learned a lot from this one so I am now on the hunt for more blankets.

Thanks for looking and any comments are welcome.

Thanks Mark

markheolddu

Settler
Sep 10, 2006
Llanelli
nice smock goodjob are you going to make a bigger one as well
did you make it from a plan of free hand

I made a set of 3 bigger ones for myself no hood though, going on the next one. I made it sort of free hand just mesured a hoodie he had already and added a bit here and there.

Thanks Mark

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
Thats really dandy.

He will be gutted when he grows out of it. You will have to make him a new.

(Im sorry for being such a wet blanket (sic) But I had a few items made by my dad and thats how I felt. I was never an easy child to dress, mainly because me and my mothers idea of clothing was rather...different. Clothes shopping trips were major armed conflicts, and to this day the whole business distresses me. Most of my clothes are bought on a whim at the car boot. I dont have to think hard then. Got some neat stuff i could have never dreamed of affording new too.)

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
Great longhunter shirt! Just add the flintlock, powder horn and tommahawk stuck in a sash round the waist.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE