Aspivenin

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
G

Ginja

Folks ... just bought a really neat ickle piece of kit for use on bites/stings (insect, reptile, arachnid ... or other?!). It's called an 'Aspivenin' kit - about the size of a tobacco tin, containing a small vacuum pump (and a selection of 'heads') that literally sucks the venom out of you - similar principle to Chinese 'hot cups'. All sounds very simplistic, but highly recommended - works a treat on wasp stings. I was actually recommended this by a colleague of mine who spent 10 years working in Cyprus, where she used it regularly on scorpion and hornet stings (and recommended to her by a bloke who kept snakes! So a fairly good pedigree ...).

Don't have a pic, as I don't have a digi-camera. But you can pick one up from most large Boots stores for around 15 squid, if you're interested.

Not exactly vital - but damn handy when it's needed!

G

led

Settler
Aug 24, 2004
uk
Martyn said:
not much (any?) call for it in the UK though (unless you're p[rone to anaphylactic reactions to insect stings).

I'd have agreed with you until last month in Wales when I saw someone who'd stood on a weaver fish. He wasn't a happy bunny :shock:

G

Ginja

Aye, you're right - not exactly essential kit. I do spend quite a bit of time hiking overseas (perks of the job ...), so I tend to carry it with me fairly often. Though as mentioned, it does work a treat on bee and wasp stings - handy if you're out with folks who are susceptible to the little critters.

G

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE