2 new carving tools Elbow adze/Straight knife

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

mr dazzler

Native
Aug 28, 2004
uk
Elbow adze, about 14 inches long. blade is a recycled sheffield gouge (1 1/4 inch wide) Adze body/handle made from dense pitch pine, with an inserted ash dowel reinforcement, wrapped with raw hide for a change instead of the bootmaker twine I usually use

Also a straight knife made from a svord peasant blade. I simply do not like the svord handle, too often the thing loosened up in my pocket when it dried out in the warm after being wet, opened a bit and stabbed me when I reached for it. The handle was naff but the blade is suberb as many of you know. I simply shaped a 8 inch piece of ash, cut a housing, epoxed it up, then wrapped with inner tube and twine

I carved these up this afternoon using the new knife (not finish cuts, the Plum wood is still semi green)

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
Thanks for the detailed photographs of the adze handle. What's the elbow? Maybe 45 degrees?
I have a Sitka gutter blade in the P.ost from Kestrel as of last week.

Muddypaws

Jan 23, 2009
Southampton
Great work on the adze - that looks really useful. The Svord knife looks interesting. I know what you mean about how good the steel is, but the friction folder is not to everyone's taste.
(BTW The spoons are looking great too)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE