Matches!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

welshwhit

Settler
Oct 12, 2005
Mid-Wales
Good evening all,

I've been after some 'strike anywhere' matches for ages now and can't find any!

I'm not even that sure why I want them anymore, but I think its becoming a bit of a mission!

Can anyone help me out??

Drew

Bumpy

Forager
Apr 18, 2008
West Yorkshire
Do you mean like swan vestas matches? The ones that will strike on glass, zips, rocks etc?I can still buy them round here - in packs of 4 in our local supermarket...

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
Swan Vesta and Cooks Matches are the ones I know of. It shouldn't be hard to find some somewhere near you, they have SV in my local petrol station.

MrPhil

Tenderfoot
May 26, 2009
East Coast of Kent, UK
I know Tesco do cooks matches, I think they do long ones too, try at their tobacco counter. Anywhere that sells tobacco should sell Swan V's.

If you have a Lidl or Aldi's near you then I would pop in there as they may have an alternate brand that might be cheaper "Pigeon Vesta's" perhaps!

bushwacker bob

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 22, 2003
STRANGEUS PLACEUS
Swan Vestas arn't very strike anywhere anymore as they've been bumbed down to make them safer and less volotile for our safety. The best ones are American brands but they are illegal to ship or post to the UK.They will strike on stubble and denim just like in the old westerns.
The best UK ones I've found are 'Bluebell' brand found in Scotland.

VirusKiller

Nomad
Jul 16, 2007
Hogsty End
Swan Vestas arn't very strike anywhere anymore
Worked for me. I bought two packs yesterday from a Sainsbury's tobacco counter and struck one on a brick on my way back to work (as you do). Mine say "The Original" on the top right of the box.

Edit: I doubt they will work on stubble and denim though.

RobertRogers

Need to contact Admin...
Dec 12, 2006
USA
Here in the USA you can still get some of them in hardware stores. Becoming more rare as time goes by.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE