starkiesharp blue - where to buy

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

C_Claycomb

Moderator staff
Mod
Oct 6, 2003
Bedfordshire
Hmmm. Good question, I was going to say Axminster, but they don't seem to have it anymore :( They have Flexcut Gold, which is similar, but I think it is a little finer. They used to carry the Tormek compound in a tube, and Flitz for use with the Jet range of tools, but now they only seem to be selling Autosol, which will work, but isn't as good, I think, as the others. Autosol will work though, as will the Flexcut stuff. I never got round to buying any of the Starkie blue compound and have done alright with Autosol and Turtlewax cutting compound.

Lurch

Native
Aug 9, 2004
Cumberland
www.lakelandbushcraft.co.uk
Starkiesharp Blue is no different to your standard engineering polishing soapbar as seen in your local friendly engineering supply store.
Much in the same way that the Starkiesharp leather is no different to any other bit of leather really.

Bardster

Native
Apr 28, 2005
Staplehurst, Kent
Starkiesharp Blue is no different to your standard engineering polishing soapbar as seen in your local friendly engineering supply store.
Much in the same way that the Starkiesharp leather is no different to any other bit of leather really.

Apart from the base wax being a bit softer as its designed to be applied by hand, not using the friction of a highly spinning wheel ;)

Longstrider

Settler
Sep 6, 2005
South Northants
I spoke with Richard Starkie of StarkieSharp this morning and ordered a few things for myself (Moot left me short of supplies :rolleyes: ) The StarkieSharp website is down temporarily at the moment, but will hopefully be up and running again in short order. In the meantime, Mr Starkie can be contacted by phone on 0116 259 2022.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE