Great containers

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Simon E

Nomad
Aug 18, 2006
3rd Planet from the sun
Guys, I was digging through my junk drawer today and came upon an old vitamin bottle my dad had left here after a vist. I was going to throw it away, but I took the time to take off the lid and was impressed with the really secure way it held without threads. I have decided to keep it as a char cloth container as it weighs next to nothing and the lid seems like it would be very water resistant.

The company that makes them markets the container type as 'Snap Secure'

I had a dig on the UK Google and came up with this.

http://www.ebottles.net/showbottles.asp?familyid=25&havevat=N

They come in all sizes and would be great for little odds and sods like matches, meds and tinders.

chrisanson

Nomad
Apr 12, 2006
Dudley
yep they look like the old 35mm film containers that you used to be able to get. I used to use them for allsorts.
chris

Pablo

Settler
Oct 10, 2005
Essex, UK
www.woodlife.co.uk
I use these...popular yoghurt drink containers. The lid is replaceable and the whole thing is waterproof. Great for holding nuts and raisons and liquids like cooking oil, milk, washing liquid etc.

DSC00761.jpg

Pablo

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
I have similar containers that my fathers wife brings home from her job in the cytology lab.

they are very useful and I dread to think what they would be new

andyn

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 15, 2005
Hampshire
www.naturescraft.co.uk
Pablo said:
I use these...popular yoghurt drink containers. The lid is replaceable and the whole thing is waterproof. Great for holding nuts and raisons and liquids like cooking oil, milk, washing liquid etc.

DSC00761.jpg

Pablo

:) Good to see your otherwise rubbish being reused in a productive way!

gregorach

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 15, 2005
Edinburgh
Yeah, I hoard snap-top and screw-top plastic containers too... Only problem is that I always seem to come home with fewer than I left with - unless I'm on my own. ;)

jamesdevine

Settler
Dec 22, 2003
Skerries, Co. Dublin
Sharwoods Curry Containers. The black ones with the screw on lid. I have used them for loads of thinks including as a PSK container. With a bit of duck tape around the lid it's perfect and a lot lighter then a an old baccy tin.

James

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE