axe mask for a 50 year old gransfors brucks axe

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

luckylee

On a new Journey
Aug 24, 2010
birmingham
i was commissioned to make an axe sheath for a 50 year old gransfors brucks axe, he wanted this in a nice dark brown and to have black stitching he also wanted to be bale to attach this to his belt.
so of to the drawing board i went, now when making ask masks that will spend a lot of time on the belt i prefer then to be what i call a slip in mask, as when you make them the other was it always concerns me about the integrity and strength of the poppers to be honest, i think if you make a mask like that then a axe loop is the way to go, but my customer does not like them, and prefers to where it strait of the belt.
i also sorted the axe out for him to, as it had quite a few dinks and nicks out the edge, and its such a lovely axe i could not help me self, as i done this for him at no extra charge, i gave it a true convex edge, and polished it up back to its former glory.
i hope you like it.
IMG_4318 by lucky_lee, on
IMG_4319 by lucky_lee, on
IMG_4320 by lucky_lee, on
IMG_4321 by lucky_lee, on
IMG_4323 by lucky_lee, on
IMG_4326 by lucky_lee, on
IMG_4327 by lucky_lee, on
IMG_4328 by lucky_lee, on
IMG_4333 by lucky_lee, on Flickr
i was then asked to make one of my sheaths for one of my customers knifes which i done also.
IMG_4343 by lucky_lee, on Flickr
all comments are welcome.
thanks for looking.
take care.
lee.

TurboGirl

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 8, 2011
Leicestershire
www.king4wd.co.uk
Quality work, at the risk of sounding weird. There's something special about nice leather-work.
We're lucky enough to meet with Lee and see some of his work first hand- to actually handle it, even, if we PROMISE not to salivate over it ;)

Tis beautiful, Lee.... I can imagine you working the blade back to life whispering 'precious' repeatedly....

luckylee

On a new Journey
Aug 24, 2010
birmingham
We're lucky enough to meet with Lee and see some of his work first hand- to actually handle it, even, if we PROMISE not to salivate over it ;)

Tis beautiful, Lee.... I can imagine you working the blade back to life whispering 'precious' repeatedly....
thanks sal.

plastic-ninja

Jan 11, 2011
cumbria
It's always a treat to see your work Lee.
That axe carrier/mask looks like perfect to me.
Great colour , thoughtful design and put together
by a proper craftsman.He must have been blown away with that and
your treatment to his axe as well.
Cheers , Simon

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE