What kind of foods do you take into the wild?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Totumpole

Native
Jan 16, 2011
Cairns, Australia
Nobody has yet mentioned the ultimate trail snack - BEEF JERKY! I make my own, heavily peppered and spiced. GReat to chew as you go, equally great to supplement whatever dried carbs you take for dinner (if it lasts long enough to make it as far into the day as dinner).

Then of course there is CHORIZO, the duct tape of cuisine.
:lmao:

hughewil

Feb 13, 2012
Ohio, USA
beans, rice, bacon

I like to take a can of pork and beans, a couple of hot dogs, some omnion, peppers, BBq sauce and honey all in a little container and make beanie weinies. I turn the pork and bean can into a hobo stove to cook them in my canteen cup.

cook004.jpg

cook005.jpg

Warthogiam

Jan 15, 2012
Chesterfield
I came across by accident Mattessons chicken bites are a great addition to any noodle or pasta meal. They come in different flavours and don't weigh much. Just add in the last minute of cooking and they are good to go.

persistent king

Settler
May 23, 2010
wigan
oats for breckie, noodles for dinner, and pasta and sauce with fridge raders and peperami for tea, also the hotdogs in the glass jars are good , you put the jar on the embers and it cooks the hotdogs a treat

NetFrog

Forager
Jul 17, 2011
Scotland
Lentils, flour, stock cubes and a spice box with cumin, cloves, chilli and cardamon fer the hot meal. makes up a simple spiced lentle soup n flat breads or if im lazy then dumplings ftom the flour. for snacks i have peanuts, jerky and sweets

enough dried to last 4 days and extras if im feeling like a change. b

Bacon and sos can be quie the luxery *grin*

winst0nsmith

Tenderfoot
Jan 8, 2012
South West Wales
Cous cous
Quinoa
Dried fruit, nuts and seeds (99p stores do 250g mixed bags, for UK users, not connection blah blah)
Tinned crab or fish (small but good protien and oils)
Dried egg
Dry spices, garlic and root ginger (also medical)
Tea and dried milk
Sausages (cook on first/second day, then eat the rest cold, once you change from raw to cooked, you get an extra couple of days out of them)
Smoked bacon, same as above
Salami/chorizo
Camembert/brie (only improves with age unrefrigerated)
Crusty white rolls (they don't squash as easily as normal bread and compliment the above four very well for me, good for the woods but not hiking)
Sun dried tomatoes
Bannas and dark chocolate
Fruit and nut chocolate
Woods 100 proof rum (at 57% ABV, a bottle can do 2-3 days or 2-3 folk drunking or more if taken easy, no connection blah blah, it's just the easiest overproof rum to get hold of in the uk in my experience, doesn't need chilling to taste good either) or boxes of red wine if car camping
Any good forage picked up on the way

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE