Zippo Hand Warmer, thoughts?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Coldfeet

Life Member
Mar 20, 2013
Yorkshire
I have a couple of the Zippo ones, but am yet to use them in anger, as I tend to run hot anyway, and don't mind the cold much :)

stuey

Sep 13, 2011
High Peak
www.arb-tek.co.uk
Not sure about putting any fuel on the catalyst as it is supposed to kill it. Not advised in the instructions in the peacock along with using an overly hot (blue) flame which will also kill the catalyst.

I've had both my peacock warmers on the same catalyst for about four years now... Only changed them once so far in 6 - 7 years of using them. They get used 5 days out of 7 all day when I am out surveying in winter.
They light first time everytime even if they have spent the night unlit sat on the dashboard of the van at minus whatever it may have been.

I believe the Peacock ones are the originals which have led to various others being made including Zippo, Whitby and the cheaper chinese copies.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Nov 20, 2013
Scarborough
I bought a Zippo hand warmer for an elderly relative with reynauds a couple of years ago but he's paranoid about it catching on fire & won't use it :)

I have since hijacked it and use it pretty frequently - overall I like it as a hand warmer and a hot water bottle of sorts. It's perhaps too difficult to light especially when cold but worth the effort. I now find lighting mine with a Zippo lighter works really well (got a few of those kicking about from my smoking days) and as it uses the same fuel that simplifies things.
I like simple...

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE