Your help is needed - please read.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
J

Jamie

Hi All

Our nextdoor neighbour here at WO is a charity called Fulcrum Challenge (http://www.fulcrum-challenge.org/) which takes underprivelidged and inner city children to far flung reaches (such as India and Nepal) where the children are stretched mentally and physically whilst at the same time making/building or repairing something for the local indigenes in whatever region they are in. Naturally they have an experience of a lifetime which they never forget!

We have been asked, and wholeheartedly support this, to try and source new or used kit from anyone and everyone whether it be clothing, boots or general kit which will be used to help the locals who act as guides, sherpas and other general stuff for the groups that go.

As the Chief Exec John told us yesterday, it really is soul destroying to see these people helping oout for a very small wage while wearing flip flops and other inappropriate equipment (or the lack thereof) whilst those that they are helping are nice and snuggly in their boots and goretex.

So basically, if there is anything (whatever it may be) in your kit stock that is surplus to requirements whether it is new or used then please send it to us and we will make sure it gets to the people who need and deserve it.

Thanks so much for your support and please do check out the Fulcrum website, they are doing a superb job!

For any donations, please send them direct to us at:

Woodland Organics Distribution Ltd
Unit 5, Luccombe Business Centre
Milton Abbas
Blandford Forum
Dorset DT11 0BD

All the best and thanks again

Jamie

EDIT: This thread has been put up to help people with so little compared to us and not impose our western thoughts and ideology on the ability to give. If you want to give great, if you dont great. I am not looking for the whys and the wherefores of giving to people worse off than ourselves and find it interesting that some are not willing to allow those worse off than us to have a little step up in their level of comfort, even if it is only for a short period of time.

Jack

Oct 1, 2003
Dorset
Come on Stuart.

...............we know you have more kit then Silvermans up in your roof!

J

Jamie

Its anything and everything really mate, any condition as well (what may not be good enough for us in all likelihood will be good for them - within reason!).

So whatever you have spare, please allow it to go to a good cause rather than the great big circular filing cabinet in the sky!

Cheers

Jamie

ScottC

Banned
May 2, 2004
uk
I have some hiking boots that are too small for me and maybe a couple of shirts that I will try and send down to you! Might not be for a week or 2 though i'm away for a week on friday. Do you have any idea how much postage will cost, so I can set some aside now so I don't spend it while I'm away!?

J

Jamie

ScottC said:
I have some hiking boots that are too small for me and maybe a couple of shirts that I will try and send down to you! Might not be for a week or 2 though i'm away for a week on friday. Do you have any idea how much postage will cost, so I can set some aside now so I don't spend it while I'm away!?

Thank you Scott and to all the others that have so generously said that they have a bit of kit here or there that rather than bin they would prefer to see put to good use.

As far as postage is concerned obviously that is down to the weight of the kit being sent and would suggest to check with your local post office or on the royal mail website (http://www.royalmail.com/portal/rm/content1?catId=400023&mediaId=9300094).

Hope that helps and thanks to you all again.

Jamie

Marts

Native
May 5, 2005
London
Is there a time limit? I have a good ex-mil sleeping bag you can have but won't be able to post it to you until next week?

J

Jamie

Marts said:
Is there a time limit? I have a good ex-mil sleeping bag you can have but won't be able to post it to you until next week?

Hi Marts

No time limit at all, basically we will be collecting on their behalf and when there is enough kit to go out it will go.....no specific dates set.

Thank you for your help :D

Jamie

J

Jamie

moduser said:
Jamie,

I'll have a sort out at the weekend and see what I can find. I'll also have a chat with the local district scout quartermaster (you never know).

David

Hi David

Many thanks....

Jamie

ScottC

Banned
May 2, 2004
uk
Come on people we can do better than this! It's for a good cause and there must be loads of you with spare/old kit lying round so send it in and do your bit for those less fortunate than ourselves :)

stoddy

Need to contact Admin...
May 4, 2005
dorset
can I pop in and drop stuff off?

I live nearby at Sturminster Newton, and have a lot of surplus stuff!

J

Jamie

stoddy said:
can I pop in and drop stuff off?

I live nearby at Sturminster Newton, and have a lot of surplus stuff!

Course you can mate.....so long as you bring biscuits!!!!! ;) :rolleyes:

stoddy

Need to contact Admin...
May 4, 2005
dorset
i'll try and pop in!

I was on the new building site in Shillingstone!, but now I am at one in Poole :D

so will see you when I see you :D

I have some old sleeping bags, and army clobber I will bring in

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE