yippe!!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

nameless

Forager
Jan 1, 2004
at home
Well lads, i got their took me a good while to actually get up and do it but i did it. Today at my sisters house with her hubby james who showed me how to do FIRE BY FRICTION i got it. thanks to james and sirena for the help and food! so i'm of to practice well tomorrow morning anyhow

Cheers
Adam

tomtom

Dec 9, 2003
Sunny South Devon
Well done mate.. its always very useful to have some one who knows how to point out where your going wrong!!

did you choose the materials yourself?

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Fantastic stuff mate, it's something you'll never forget. Keep it up and do it as often as possible, then move on to different woods and start experimenting, it won't just teach you about lighting fires but about the woods and the environment etc

well done ;)

nameless

Forager
Jan 1, 2004
at home
Hey

I used a birch hand pice, a birch dill, some unkown wood for the bow and scotts pine, i think for the board. i tried all day today and i got really close to another fire but i just wouldnt light then my drill got to short so i have to make another one toomorrow, would lebernaum do? cheers agin for all the praise :D

Cheers
Adam

jamesdevine

Settler
Dec 22, 2003
Skerries, Co. Dublin
Well Done Adam. The board was seasoned Pine and it was the same board I go my first coal with so it's a lucky one. I will be keeping it for prosperity.

We will have to find some better tinder do.

Again well done and glad to help.

James

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE