Yello :-)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

EZ-now

Nov 8, 2012
Nether Kellet
Hi there,
I'm new and very excited to have found your forums. I've been wanting to learn some survival skills to compliment my field work but haven't been able to find any real information from real people. All I kept finding was bear whatsisface and ray thatotherguy. They're just fake with big marketing, a support team and no real skills tht I can fathom. Your forums are amazing. Real people and real info.

A lot of people call me paranoid. I'm rather well known locally for my conspiracy theories but I don't trust the government and I'm worries that we're really messing the world up. All this climate change is very worrying and nobody seems to care. They just talk about it and keep consuming stuff. I'll be amazed if we don't see a catastrophe in our lifetime. I'd best get ready it seems.

Anyway I hope that I can offer some help to others as I get some knowledge from you all. How exciting.

Regards

EZ

Anzia

Nomad
Sep 25, 2012
Derbyshire
Hi, welcome to the forum :) I can't agree about BG and RM though - IMO they have real skills AND decent marketing, as any good business should. Support teams are inevitable when a business grows, but from what I can make out it's still very good people with solid skills. Agreed about the forum though, and I'm constantly impressed at the info available on here. Enjoy!

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Welcome to the forum EZ-now :) and I too think Anzia's post is spot on.

Bushcraft = chill the hell out asap
Survival = get the hell out asap

I think you might have your forums muddled.

cheers,
Toddy

CACTUS ELF

Need to contact Admin...
Feb 16, 2012
Cheshire
Hi, welcome to BCUK. I've read your profile and you seem to have some real skills to offer. Sounds like a fantastic job you have, outdoors building walls etc. Lucky you. Something I fancy myself. Dont worry about the goverment and conspiracy's, you'll find all the folks on here really relaxed and helpful. Pour a cup of Victory Gin and post some questions if you fancy and you'll get lots of usefull and informative replies. Maybe it'll ease you mind a little. Its great that you've looked into ray mears and bear grylls as these two could be considered to be world leaders in the field of bushcraft and survival. I've seen both displaying skills such as fire lighting and shelter building and are masters in most aspects, especially with their knives.

Great to welcome someone with such varied views who's opinion will be valued in this forum.

Hope to read more of your posts soon.

Regards
CACTUS ELF :cool:

Last edited:

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Hi there,
I'm new and very excited to have found your forums. I've been wanting to learn some survival skills to compliment my field work but haven't been able to find any real information from real people. All I kept finding was bear whatsisface and ray thatotherguy. They're just fake with big marketing, a support team and no real skills tht I can fathom. Your forums are amazing. Real people and real info.

A lot of people call me paranoid. I'm rather well known locally for my conspiracy theories but I don't trust the government and I'm worries that we're really messing the world up. All this climate change is very worrying and nobody seems to care. They just talk about it and keep consuming stuff. I'll be amazed if we don't see a catastrophe in our lifetime. I'd best get ready it seems.

Anyway I hope that I can offer some help to others as I get some knowledge from you all. How exciting.

Regards

EZ

Welcome EZ

Lesson one: Ray Mears is not a fake, he is very respected for his knowledge and skills.

EZ-now

Nov 8, 2012
Nether Kellet
Wow. That is a lot of responses. This really is an active place.

@Everyone. Thanks for the warm welcome.

@Toddy. That's a bit of a categorically restrictive differentiation and it kind of doesn't make sense either. Surely I could use bushcraft for survival? I think maybe survival implies a wider field of expertise because it is a state of action where bushcraft is a state of condition and by definition only deals with natural environments. Now I know that I'm on a bushcraft forum and I don't want to muddy the water but differentiating the two anyway seems a little restrictive. Also, just nit picking here, how can one chill out (state of relaxation) as soon as possible (state of urgency). It's an oxymoron.
Even so, thanks for the welcome :)

@Cactus Elf. That's a funny name :)

CACTUS ELF

Need to contact Admin...
Feb 16, 2012
Cheshire
Wow. That is a lot of responses. This really is an active place.

@Everyone. Thanks for the warm welcome.

@Toddy. That's a bit of a categorically restrictive differentiation and it kind of doesn't make sense either. Surely I could use bushcraft for survival? I think maybe survival implies a wider field of expertise because it is a state of action where bushcraft is a state of condition and by definition only deals with natural environments. Now I know that I'm on a bushcraft forum and I don't want to muddy the water but differentiating the two anyway seems a little restrictive. Also, just nit picking here, how can one chill out (state of relaxation) as soon as possible (state of urgency). It's an oxymoron.
Even so, thanks for the welcome :)

@Cactus Elf. That's a funny name :)

You make some really interesting points there, cant wait to read more post. Glad you got the name, most dont :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE