Yangtze river dolphins extinct.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

jojo

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 16, 2006
England's most easterly point
The baiji, the Chinese white dolphin, is gone.:(

Is it not a terrible shame. Relentlessly, the human species is destroying all other species on this planet. The only planet that we know of, or have access to, and we are destroying it.

Only when the last tree and the last animal is gone will we realise that we can't eat money.

Matt Mallery

Jun 4, 2007
There are too many humans on Earth. And all these people are consuming too much. But people just won't slow down on eitehr account.

Matt Mallery

Jun 4, 2007
You are very right. I don't understand why so many humans feel the need to have such big families and buy so much crap. A family here in the USA just had their 17th child. This makes me very angry.

jojo

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 16, 2006
England's most easterly point
The thing is, I really believe that what we humans are doing is not sustainable in any shape or form. There are too many of us. We destroy without thought and it seems, without much care all the environments that support all life, including ours. We are fouling our only nest on a obscene scale. Governements on the whole appears no to give a monkey's, or pay just enough lip service to make sure they get re elected next time. There are people, and group of people out there who do care, but their voice are generally drowned in the ocean of relentless greed.

Too many of us, taking far too much. Tha's IMO a receipe for disaster.

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Unfortunately the elected goverment do represent the majority of the people - they don't care about the future just what they can get here and now to make their own existance more luxurious and full of "things" that are bright and shiny if ultimately useless and detrimental to the world and its future.
I have to admit that I am not totally innocent and could probably cut back on my effect on the plannet, but then I have no children - my genes stop here, so what do I care about future generations!
Shame to waste such a nice planet though....
John

philaw

Settler
Nov 27, 2004
Hull, East Yorkshire, UK.
They last did a survey in 1998 and found 13 animals. It was coming, and I can't believe they lasted as long as they did.

You have to see the pollution over there to believe it. The yangtze is not a pretty sight, and neither are most other rivers. Some poison entire villages of people. one small one near where I lived in south china ran through the town and then the park. the park had 1,000 kinds of tree and should've been amazing, but reeked of human waste.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE