WWW, Wood Wide Web

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Leshy

Jun 14, 2016
Wiltshire
Fascinating indeed.

It just goes to show how little we really know and understand about our beautiful planet and all living things on it.
Our perception really is very narrow despite all our achievements as a species....

Thanks for sharing this, great post

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
One of the world's largest living plants is a grove of aspen (Populus tremuloides) somewhere in the western United States.
Not more than a square mile in area, it appears to be one tree. Feeding radioisotopes for tracking, the apparent tree stems feed eachother across
the entire biomass.

Many small plants on the Tundra in Canada can react to browsing damage with repellent chemicals as a wound response.
I studied grafting in fruit trees. You screw that up and I can show you how the tree "screams" for maybe 8-12" above and below
your blundering crude efforts.

Trotsky

One of the world's largest living plants is a grove of aspen (Populus tremuloides) somewhere in the western United States.
Not more than a square mile in area, it appears to be one tree. Feeding radioisotopes for tracking, the apparent tree stems feed eachother across
the entire biomass.

Many small plants on the Tundra in Canada can react to browsing damage with repellent chemicals as a wound response.
I studied grafting in fruit trees. You screw that up and I can show you how the tree "screams" for maybe 8-12" above and below
your blundering crude efforts.

I read about that Aspen some years back after some how finding myself on Cracked.com and then checking it up elsewhere. Apparently there's Honey Mushrooms growing in a forest in Oregon that are actually all part of one organism covering about 2200 acres and is thought to be about 2400 years old. I'd bet that there are even more impressive organisms out there, probably where you'd least expect them, just waiting to be discovered.

Tank

Aug 10, 2009
Witney, Oxfordshire
That just reminded me of the Ted Talks videos by Suzanne Simard.

Well worth a watch.
[video=youtube;Un2yBgIAxYs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Un2yBgIAxYs[/video]

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE