WW2 German Rifle posted especially for British Red

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

brambles

Settler
Apr 26, 2012
Aberdeenshire

Just because some weapons and calibres are banned does not mean ALL are. In France IIRC full auto weapons are illegal but you can own semi auto and handgun, even if miltary calibre, if you have the correct licence and you may also require to prove membership of a rifle club and have prior authorisation for owning certain weapons. What you CANNOT do is use military calibre weapons for hunting, which is where you may be getting your basis from.

andybysea

Oct 15, 2008
South east Scotland.
According to that your ok in France so long as its not fully auto,(pakistan seems a bit easy going,seems according to that anyman and his dog can have what they want)

wattsy

Native
Dec 10, 2009
Lincoln
I know what he is saying tho, I was given a ww1 bayonet that had been notched 3 times (so it was blatantly "dirty")
didn't like it around the house and sold it on

or it had been used to open tins of corned beef which is what they were used for more often than not

widu13

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 9, 2008
Ubique Quo Fas Et Gloria Ducunt
Just because some weapons and calibres are banned does not mean ALL are. In France IIRC full auto weapons are illegal but you can own semi auto and handgun, even if miltary calibre, if you have the correct licence and you may also require to prove membership of a rifle club and have prior authorisation for owning certain weapons. What you CANNOT do is use military calibre weapons for hunting, which is where you may be getting your basis from.

Could well be, it sounds as though you, like me aren't sure. I just wouldn't want anyone to get into trouble where it can be avoided. In the UK you cannot use being unaware of a law for your defence. Hopefully the owner of the rifle will be okay.

Marijn

Tenderfoot
Jul 25, 2006
The Netherlands
I supppose it's possible. But that would mean the umbiquitous 30-06 is an illegal round.

It is, and it isn't

Last year a new law was passed making the .308 and .30-06spr legal.
But France being france means it takes time for a law to be effective in the whole of france (Paris c'est loin - Paris is far is an old saying in France).

So at the momente, the .308 and .30-06spr are legal AND illegal :p

I don't know if other militairy calibers like the .223 are free with the new law as well.
Old army calibers are free I think, given that the widely used 7x64 is an old army caliber (meant as an awnser to the .30-06spr)

brambles

Settler
Apr 26, 2012
Aberdeenshire
Could well be, it sounds as though you, like me aren't sure. I just wouldn't want anyone to get into trouble where it can be avoided. In the UK you cannot use being unaware of a law for your defence. Hopefully the owner of the rifle will be okay.

If you read your own wiki link it clearly states that full auto is prohibited, but military calibre semi auto and handguns are OK with licence but that for hunting you cannot use a military calibre at all nor a bolt action with more than 10 round magazine or semiauto with more than 3 mag capacity

widu13

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 9, 2008
Ubique Quo Fas Et Gloria Ducunt
If you read your own wiki link it clearly states that full auto is prohibited, but military calibre semi auto and handguns are OK with licence but that for hunting you cannot use a military calibre at all nor a bolt action with more than 10 round magazine or semiauto with more than 3 mag capacity

I've no idea what your issue is, but thanks for your input.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE