Wool trousers

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Bushwear sell them too, but I bought some brilliant Swedish army ones from, I think, Surplus and Adventure, beautiful quality kit :D

What's wrong with your Vik breeks? I've got a fall fronted pattern that's supposed to be very comfortable if you want to diy?Linen lined for comfort too :)

atb,
mary

torjusg

Native
Aug 10, 2005
Telemark, Norway
livingprimitively.com
The traditional Norwegian trousers are usually felted wool trousers. They are silent, warm and fairly wind proof, but snow easily stick to them and become wet.

I used to have a pair, which I used for all outdoors activities. I did however manage to ruin it when using it for building with concrete. The concrete stuck all over the trousers, making it armour-like. :( :lmao:

Found this one: http://www.norteamengros.no/

Info only in Norwegian though. Price about £55.

gunnix

Nomad
Mar 5, 2006
Belgium
I also got some great green old army trousers (think from dutch army) I found in a dump. I've been wearing them for the last 3-4 weeks without even washing, they're still looking clean and don't smell even if I work in them (shipbuilding). The problem is they're my only woolen army trousers and the others are jeans so I'd like to find some more trousers like it. Those swedish trousers look ok, though not so pretty.. I prefer dark green ;).

BlueTrain

Nomad
Jul 13, 2005
Near Washington, D.C.
What became of all the wonderful old trousers, battledress, serge? They must have come to the new world where I bought up every pair that fit. Come to think of it, the pair I'm wearing out right now is Canadian!

Moff8

Forager
Jul 19, 2004
Glasgow
What about a pair of trews? Woolen and you might get some ex-rental pairs if you phone around. I doubt if they will be cheaper than the swedish ones.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE