Wool/polyester mix

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Bisamratte

Nomad
Jun 11, 2006
Karben
I have noticed more and more wool/polyester mix cloathing available. This is good but I would like to see more pure wool cloathing in the shops. My question is that with 27 percent wool and the rest polyester is it safer round the campfire? Im assuming the wool makes it warmer and the polyester keeps it lite weight but is it still going to end up with holes in it from sparks?

Has anybody tried this material and is it any good?

Cheers, Andy

Montivagus

Nomad
Sep 7, 2006
gone
It is good stuff! I have some Ullfrotte gear made of this mix and I like it a lot. I think one of its raison d’etres is you can wash it warm without shrinking it ,although this seems to have been solved by some of the more expensive pure merino wool lines, like Icebreaker, too. I have both – I like both.
As to the mix, I’m sure Ullfrotte is 60 wool 40 polyester or thereabouts. Your right, higher than that seems daft and will melt!
That said my stuff is all base layer stuff so doesn’t get exposed to sparks, there’s always something over the top of it.
:)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE