'Woodlore' knife on E-bay

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

tenbears10

Native
Oct 31, 2003
xxxx
Now you've done it :D

I am waiting for one to go over £400 it won't be long now you wait and see.

If they ever stop making them the ebay price will go through the roof.

rapidboy

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 14, 2004
BB
I had a crack at it and my £190 bid didn't even reach the reserve :eek:
I have to say it wasn't a serious bid.
This guy doesn't even have any feedback so your taking a bit of a chance.

rb

Daniel

Nomad
Apr 20, 2005
Berkshire
Is that guys measurements right? I thought the aw woodlore was 4mm thick, and the blade & handle the same lengths? Thing is in the pic it does look as though the handle is longer...

I'm confused...

bambodoggy

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 10, 2004
Surrey
www.stumpandgrind.co.uk
Do you really think it's a fake? that's rather a bold statement to make from one photo... I'm no expert so I can't really say although it looks like an Alan Wood Woodlore to me :confused: then again, to be fair, the last time I actually saw an Alan Wood Woodlore knife it was spinning in mid air and heading for a wooden board target next to a lake in Sweden (ehh, Stevie? ;) ) so what do I know...lol :D and as it happens it landed point in perfectly as if a circus performer had just thrown it :D

Bam.

(I've got a video clip of it on my pc but no idea how to post it here :confused: )

ottar

May 29, 2005
TA 272101
Daniel said:
Is that guys measurements right? I thought the aw woodlore was 4mm thick, and the blade & handle the same lengths? Thing is in the pic it does look as though the handle is longer...

I'm confused...

The early Woodlores were made to different dimensions than the current ones.

Saying that though, I'm not sure if those measurements given are correct; 5mm does seem a little too thick.

tenbears10

Native
Oct 31, 2003
xxxx
£295 now and reserve NOT met.

I would not trust anyone who joins ebay and 2 days later sells a high value item.

I have seen people copy pictures and descriptions just to take your money and never send the goods. I have no evidence that this seller is a crook but I would be very careful.

MagiKelly

Making memories since '67
tenbears10 said:
£295 now and reserve NOT met.

I would not trust anyone who joins ebay and 2 days later sells a high value item.

I have seen people copy pictures and descriptions just to take your money and never send the goods. I have no evidence that this seller is a crook but I would be very careful.

A crook would not have such a high reserve. definately looks like someone has bought one just to sell on. Not a daft move either.

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Daniel said:

I'm confused...

You should drop him an email and ask about it, 5mm, never heard of one that thick before... ;)

JFW

Settler
Mar 11, 2004
Clackmannanshire
MagiKelly said:
It is funny I have never seen a Woodlore in real life before but watching the Ray Mears DVDs the woodlore seems much thicker than my Bushcrafter and it is 4mm.

John,

I promise that I'll bring mine, this time, to the meet on the 15th. Albeit a WS woodlore and not an Alan Wood

Cheers

JFW

F

FreshMint

how much are or were the original?

i hear they are back to buy in October

Daniel

Nomad
Apr 20, 2005
Berkshire
October? Did you here that from woodlore? They did tell me it would be before Christmas, but didn't give me a month... I have £235 sitting in my bank ready to order one when they go on sale again, hopefully soon!

I'll e-mail that guy and see what he saiy about the measurments!

Daniel

Nomad
Apr 20, 2005
Berkshire
Rollnick said:
Daniel, i'd wait mate. There is a great knife that is about to come out very soon. I would predict it a better knife than the woodlore and it is only £145, with a much shorter waiting time.

http://www.britishblades.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8730

:D

I did see that one, I like the look and sound of it but didn't know the price. £145 you say? Is that the definate price? Any idea when it's going on sale?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE