Woodcutter Santa !

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Gary Elson

Feb 27, 2007
Bulkington Warwickshire
Thanks for the kind words everyone

I guess there's about 20 - 25 hours work there - never really added it up I tend just to do a bit when I've got a spare hour or so
Our first granddaughter is due in March so it could well become something to pass on

Gary

Gary Elson

Feb 27, 2007
Bulkington Warwickshire
That looks really smart. I love the way the jeans look worn and faded too, what paint did you use?

Rob.
Thanks - The paint is just a starter set of acrylics thinned slightly with water, then rubbed off the high spots before it dries then a bit extra put in the creases with a thin brush, great-effect easily achieved !!!!

Fraxinus

Settler
Oct 26, 2008
Canterbury
Thanks - The paint is just a starter set of acrylics thinned slightly with water, then rubbed off the high spots before it dries then a bit extra put in the creases with a thin brush, great-effect easily achieved !!!!

Very effective, thanks for the reply Gary.

Have a great Xmas.

Rob.

mr dazzler

Native
Aug 28, 2004
uk
nice work Gary. Judging from his "red nose" Santa looks like he has been availing himself of the contents of his hip flask :)
Did you use lime wood (or bass wood as the Americans call it)? Did you carve the tree and axe seperate then assemble the 3 sections? Its a nice carving, plenty of variety in the textures. Have you done any others?
Oh and Merry Christmas too...:)

Gary Elson

Feb 27, 2007
Bulkington Warwickshire
Hi Mr Dazzler,
Yep I do tend to use Lime I really like how it carves, Good sharp knife and your away !

As for santas red nose the old lads been at the Scotch since I finished him -hic !

Some other stuff

IMG_0100.jpg

Or

IMG_0101.jpg

Plus a couple of Old Timeys from the Ozarks !

IMG_0102.jpg

IMG_0104.jpg

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE