Wood Spoon - Herb Scoop

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Charlz9mm

Forager
Jul 1, 2012
USA
This is more of an herb scoop. The wood is Basswood (Tilia americana). I only used hand tools.
I will do a little more sanding and then seal.
The motif is random. I do not have a cultural point of reference since I live in the US.
Pictish, Sammi, Celtic, Hobbit??? Who knows.

25491023813_07d3f9f881_z.jpg
[/url]photo by charlz9mm, on Flickr[/IMG]

Charlz9mm

Forager
Jul 1, 2012
USA
Thank you. Excellent link. It is interesting to note that even though there are many Native American Petroglyphs on this continent, it is almost impossible to see them in person. They are ether on sovereign Native lands or 100's of miles from towns. You probably have just as much access to seeing them as we do here (possibly more). I do not know about Canada. Their situation is different. Again thank you for the interesting comment.

tsitenha

Nomad
Dec 18, 2008
Kanata
Good spoon, like the handwork.
Also spirals are used often in aboriginal culture. I remember Anasazi pictograph using spirals, I have also used the spiral symbol for a tray used in the Japanese tea ceremony that I gave to my Sensei while I was in Japan.

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
Good. I'd use that about every 2-3 days. When I'm baking, I work out of 22lb sacks of flour. At the same time, I have a wide-mouth short jar of flour for pans, for the bench, etc. Your scoop would be ideal for that.
If you dare make the rim edge of the scoop both more even and thinner, just the edge, it will give the illusion that entire bowl is more delicate.
At first I thought that you had carved a snail, a fair judgement of the speed which I complete tasks!

Charlz9mm

Forager
Jul 1, 2012
USA
Good. I'd use that about every 2-3 days. When I'm baking, I work out of 22lb sacks of flour. At the same time, I have a wide-mouth short jar of flour for pans, for the bench, etc. Your scoop would be ideal for that.
If you dare make the rim edge of the scoop both more even and thinner, just the edge, it will give the illusion that entire bowl is more delicate.
At first I thought that you had carved a snail, a fair judgement of the speed which I complete tasks!

Good suggestion. I will indeed do that.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE