winter in west lothian...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

locum76

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 9, 2005
Kirkliston
I took this snap on a wander near my place in West Lothian. I've uploaded it here because i thought you guys would appreciate it.

It says a lot to me about Scottish weather - even in the bleakest of midwinter days things can really look quite beautiful...

DSC00039.jpg

rob

Nov 6, 2007
Midlothian
Where in West Lothian is that? It is a lovely photo. I come from Balerno, so I know the area relatively well. We have had some lovely clear weather recently :)

locum76

Oct 9, 2005
Kirkliston
hi anna.

the photo is from my work between wilkieston and kirknewton. it was the week before christmas on one of those freezing fog days. the sun was just about to set...

we should maybe start a west lothian moot!

rob

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Beautiful Rob, you're right too, there's a lot of Scotland like that at this time of year and it does have it's own charm.

W. Lothian meet ups sound good too, right on the proverbial doorstep :)

cheers,
Toddy

B

bushyboo

Nice pic Rob
We did have some nice crisp mornings over xmas pity its turned to rain now:(
a west lothian moot sounds good you got any ideas were it could be held ?

Gordon

locum76

Oct 9, 2005
Kirkliston
almondell? beecraigs? these may both be possible venues but would require research...

Well if any of you want to scout some local areas out, give me a pm and we could arrange something.

Tree

ps. I need to get out I'm going stir crazy in the house at mo, the missus is of to the sales with our oldest girl & I'm trapped in house with our youngest(babysitting lol). So she said I've got a free day in lou, hehe

Tree

woodstock

Apr 7, 2007
off grid somewhere else
I used to work as a nurse in the old Bangour village hospital in Dechmond If im not mistaken is'nt beescraig a country park I may be able to help you out with a venue in a place called auchengrey on the outskirts of west calder

B

bushyboo

Woodstock your right about beecraigs it is a country park . Auchengrey sounds nice i might take a little drive today and have a look around

Gordon

woodstock

Apr 7, 2007
off grid somewhere else
Woodstock your right about beecraigs it is a country park . Auchengrey sounds nice i might take a little drive today and have a look around

Gordon

There are two large farms with woodlands and streams ideal for a bit of camping the guy who owns it is a gem I also have permission to shoot the land have a look round the area it will give you a feel off the place

Scots_Charles_River

Dec 12, 2006
paddling a loch
www.flickr.com
West lothian 2

Was out today over the hill from you, at the Korean War memorial hill.

Nick

Refuge Stone, used by rebel preachers in times gone by.
Couple walking their husky, top left.

040108Snowy009.jpg

Game Trail, Cairnpapple underground stone age dwelling, top in the distance.

040108Snowy003.jpg

Four deer jumped past as I relieved myself in a tree hollow. Tracks.;)

040108Snowy005.jpg

The memorial building.
040108Snowy001.jpg

B

bushyboo

heres a couple from top of kirknewton
DSC_0181.jpg

DSC_0185.jpg

pity its raining now
Gordon

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE