Winter Gloves

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

johnnytheboy

Native
Aug 21, 2007
Falkirk
jokesblogspot.blogspot.com
I have wanted a pair of falt gloves for a long time, however I started to develop a serious allergy to wool, I cant afford to buy gloves then find new liners, so,

I found similar work gloves, not waterproof but that doesnt worry me. They do not have a removable liner but they look pretty good. They are Auclair Diamond Miner Mountain Working Glove, http://www.auclairgloves.com/products.cfm?uid=72 they have some plastic insulation which suits me!

Has anyone tried these??

I have been using showa thermo 451 work gloves, although they are pretty good when it gets really cold they just dont cut it!! I have some showa 460 for working in and around water I have yet to test! but the yanks really rate them so I'm hoping they are ok!!

Chrisf

Aug 24, 2012
South yorkshire
I have the Hestra falts gloves and they are not that great and the wool liners are not very warm and they are very far from waterproof. But then again they are designed for arctic use so water is not a problem. Just to mention I use the Hestra Helle ski glove and the synthetic liner is very warm, dries quicker than the wool and is still warm when wet. you can get a synthetic liner for the falts glove. I wore the Helle ski and the falts glove in the arctic last February and the Helle ski wins by a mile. Perhaps not a hard wearing as the falts glove but they have a gortex inner so better for scottish winter fun. Sorry have not tried the gloves your asked about.

Chris

johnnytheboy

Native
Aug 21, 2007
Falkirk
jokesblogspot.blogspot.com
A9F93525-A1EE-4B67-9B26-643F8069DB3F-4103-000002475AF7F038.jpg

Well the gloves arrived and they are every bit as good as people say they are, bloody bombproof!! the leather is a little lighter than the picture on the auclair web-site, so i was thinking about doing something to darken them down abit, brown polish or something!

Could someone give me a tip on how best to change the leather colour please?

Squidders

Aug 3, 2004
Harrow, Middlesex
The only way is to test a bit... Your gloves may be treated with all manner of things.

Generally things just get darker but keep the same tone.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE