whuzzup

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
C

cod3man

Hey,

Thought I would register after reading through the forum for a couple weeks. Nice site, and nice people. I guess I am new to the bushcraft type of camping, bought myself a carving knife for bowls and spoons, next weekend I hope to be out. So I will post any photos of my success in my new endeavor. I am from Alberta, Canada and enjoy hiking in the National Parks here.

pierre girard

Need to contact Admin...
Dec 28, 2005
Hunter Lake, MN USA
Welcome! I think you will enjoy the site. Lots of woods wisdom on these pages.

My son went to school in Calgary for a couple of years. Nice people, but they had to go a ways to get into mountains.

C

cod3man

yeah, Calgary is about a 50 min drive from the mountains. Edmonton is 3 and a half hours drive. Not to bad though. There is a ton of bush though, so you never have to travel to the mountains. If you go into the heart of the mountains- there are some restrictions on fires and camping. Like it must be a designated site- even in the backcountry. And some trails also require you to use a stove for cooking, some have fire pits. But because of our oil and forestry, there are roads and access all over.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE