Where's a good place to meet up in Dublin?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
I've planned a surprise trip to Dublin for the wifes' 40th, there's folk of all ages arriving a various times over the weekend. I need to arrange a nice place to meet with everyone on Saturday afternoon, anybody any suggestions?

I've never been to Dublin before so not sure where to head for, is Temple Bar the lively area? I guess I need a large family friendly boozer or some such.

Oh and we go tomorrow, help :)

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
If you want family friendly almost any Dublin pub will do you fine, but as a born and bred Dubliner I'd recommend O'Neills in Suffolk St., great atmosphere, very laid back and great food. They have a very varied range of people using the place so are catering for all ages, and it's one of the old and famous Dublin pubs which didn't get too "poshed - up" and has the feel of a real bar full of characters. It's also very central and a good spot to venture forth from.

Temple Bar is the "happeneing" part of town for the tourists and there's always something going on there, but it's surely not authentic Dublin and can be very expensive.

Have a hoot, and many happy returns of the day to the missus! :)

Hibrion

Maker
Jan 11, 2012
Ireland
Temple bar also gets very rowdy and messy late at night. It gives a very poor impression of Dublin, best to avoid unless you like the walking dead vibe.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
So how did it all go? Where did you end up? :)

It went very well cheers Mac, too late to do anything Friday night but Saturday was good fun. Spent the morning exploring the town, went to Trinity college, National Museum and then went to Davy Byrnes. Everybody turned up and surprised the mrs which was good fun, we did the Guinness Storehouse and then back into town for a bit of bar crawl, it all gets a bit hazy after that :)

Very spendy but a good laugh

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Yeah, it kind of comes alive at night, a bit like Leeds.

Lovely folk, I chatted to loads of nice people, complete strangers but always pleasant. I seemed to be a magnet for single middle age blondes though

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE