where have all the pigeons gone?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Everything Mac

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 30, 2009
Scotland
As title really - haven't seen a single flying rat all day - I'm begining to think they know what me and my rifle mean.

Any ideas?

Andy

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
They're out here gorging on the Ivy berries :rolleyes:
Seriously, I counted 15 in the trees next to the house, great big fat woodpigeons.

cheers,
M

wattsy

Native
Dec 10, 2009
Lincoln
none left in my garden now chucked a load of grass seed on the garden this morning came home and there was 3 woodies on it pinching it all so i christened my new weihrauch :D

leaf man

Nomad
Feb 2, 2010
Blacker Hill
none left in my garden now chucked a load of grass seed on the garden this morning came home and there was 3 woodies on it pinching it all so i christened my new weihrauch :D

nice one! i love it!

Mac, try making some cheap decoys by painting empty drinks bottles in flying rat colours and baiting an area for a few days before you shoot. put up your hide when you do so that its not alien to them when you go a hunting
let us know how you get on

gregorach

Sep 15, 2005
Edinburgh
Grounded due to volcanic ash? ;)

You think pigeons are bad for eating your veggies? Over the winter, my allotment got attacked by geese...

Everything Mac

Nov 30, 2009
Scotland
HA HA HA - quite possibly! - really like that. very amusing!

Bushwacker - I wouldn't be supprised mate. The rabbits are the same - they are gone as soon as they see the rifle. I might wrap it up in sniper tape this summer.

I have quite a large garden so I've been shooting the pigeons that come in for my cherrys but it is a bit of a no fly zone since we got chickens. - big bird pecking order and all that. shame really.

atb
Andy

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE