Where do you keep you knives?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

paolo

Life Member
Dec 30, 2009
Veneto, Northeastern Italy
Where do you keep you edged friends when not carrying or using them?

I keep them in a small wooden box with drawers that I bought from ikea, but my buying rate is far greater than the space available..
I also have the problem that my fixed blades are too great to fit in the small drawers..

Any suggestion?

Cheers
Paolo

I have an entire shelf in my room for sharps storage apart from my main user which i keep in my pack so i dont have to search for it when i go out.
Once there are children to consider i shall probably invest in a lockable box that only i have the key to so as to disuade curious hands getting nesar them unsupervised.
Sam

dazcon

Nomad
Jan 8, 2010
clydebank
I keep mine hanging in my fishing cupboard. The same place that i keep my secret stash of cash from the dragon!
Whoops! I've said too much.

Dazcon.

Globetrotter.uk

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 24, 2008
Norwich UK
I keep mine locked in the safe which is locked in a cupboard and thats locked in a room which is locked in the flat.

But someone found them using a JCB.

g4ghb

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 21, 2005
Wiltshire
All over the place
ashamed053611282jy0.gif
- none are drawer queens but I have a few that never get used but I don't want to part with ;)

Thankfully swmbo and the girls are used to it now so there is no need to lock / hide them away - in fact I noticed my eldest's mora on her bookcase only this evening :rolleyes: (Daddy's little girl :D )

hatethatgiraffe

Forager
Jan 9, 2010
Glasgow
In no particular order-
wardrobe, underwear drawer, cupboard at top of stairs, box on top of wardrobe, paracord drawer, locker in work and a few in bedside cabinet :)
Swmbo likes shoes, I like knives lol

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Beside the back door :D
There's usually one in my foraging bag, and one in my pack too.
Axes, billhooks, machetes, etc., lie under the kist of drawers the other side of the back door. It's clean, dry, they're accessible when I want them :D

cheers,
Toddy

stooboy

Settler
Apr 30, 2008
Fife, Scotland
I tend to keep my EDC stuff in my snugpak response bag, so its got my mora, sharpening kit, fire lighting, folding saw , wind up torch etc always in it, and i keep it in the back of the car. sometimes if im out with the dog ill clip it on, handy for lopping off antlers of road kill or random skulls you find.

Stoo.

knives,axes,machete's`s,pellets for the rifles & fire lighting tools/fishing gear along with a sleeping bag, a fishing bivvy & towing/recovery equipment & a tool box with spare parts for the truck are kept in locked army tool boxes in the back of my truck, i can not see me needing them while i`m in the house so i keep my equipment pretty close to hand really. Only keep the rifles in the house under lock and key.

tombear

On a new journey
Jul 9, 2004
Rossendale, Lancashire
Most are in issue tent peg bags in a draw in my bedroom, one plastic handled Mora hanging from a wall mounted can opener by the kitchen in my shed, EDC penknives and favourite leatherman in cigar box on dressing table. First leatherman in Response Pak. Grohmanns large camper hangs on headboard post of my bed when not hung round my neck.

ATB

Tom

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
I have a load of old basket trays and stands which came out of some old fitted wardrobes, they're screwed to the wall in the loft with all my kit arranged in them. My sharps live in a couple of wooden wine boxes with clear lids on.
It's a bit geeky but I have draws for different types of gear, it seems to work well and it's better than just chucking them in a skip I suppose.

Steve13

Native
May 24, 2008
Bolton
I have all my carving tools in a leather pouch thn they go with all the others in a steel gun cabinet

Any not being used have a coat of renwax

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Hanging as a display on my livingroom wall (handy for me to select from as I go out) in the garage over my workbench, in the kitchen draw, in my sewing room/kitstore room, on my bedside table, in jacket pockets and trouser pockets, on my office table, in my van, in the dining table draw, in my wifes car, in the attic....none in the bathroom or sparebedroom though...yet!
My axes live in my sewingroom/kitstore room, the garage, in my canoe kit, in the kitchen cupboard (next to the stove)and in my van.... I aint got as many axes as knives so they have not got as far as the bedroom yet...
Most of my sharps are just kept handy for use...even those on display are easy to take down for use.
I have a very understanding wife, no kids - and way too many sharps!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE