whats your main user?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

michiel

Settler
Jun 19, 2006
Belgium - Herentals
My BRKT Aurora get used a lot. I've got way more knives than get used, but this one and my Helle Harding get used the most.

DSC_0069edit.jpg

DSC_0097edit.jpg

DSC_0071.jpg

Kitchen duty:

DSC_0026E.jpg

DSC_0013.jpg

But lately this one gets used the most:

REDi-1.jpg

Regards,

Michiel

sam_acw

Native
Sep 2, 2005
Tyneside
I use a red wooden handled Mora for most bushy work, I've debated trying to turn it into a spear point but apart from that I can't fault it. I just don't like the look of the plastic ones for some reason.
Everyday carry is a SAK electrician plus - has a sheepsfoot blade, awl, large blade, saw, can opener and screwdriver on it. Wouldn't want to be without it and use it daily.

sargey

Mod
Mod
Member of Bushcraft UK Academy
Sep 11, 2003
cheltenham, glos
I am stuck for choice here, a luxury in this age! The red plastic one has become my current favourite.
The guard is a great addition when carving flat bows and other projects like these.

wood-and-steel-2.jpg

those frosts vikings have long been favourites of mine too. once upon a time i used to get them for £3:50 each!

just recently i've been using an old ontario rat 3 in D2, in a custom sheath.
PA120025.jpg

mines been slightly reprofiled since i snapped the tip off of it some time ago :eek:

the other one is a custom by diving sparrow knifeworks.
divingsparrowknife.jpg

i cut myself again on this one last weekend. :rolleyes:

cheers, and.

UCBerzerkeley

Dec 11, 2008
California
I am stuck for choice here, a luxury in this age! The red plastic one has become my current favourite.
The guard is a great addition when carving flat bows and other projects like these.

wood-and-steel-2.jpg

I just can never get over the work moras prove themselves capable of, day in and day out. I love a nice knife as much as the next guy, but man, it sort of humbles any "I need this knife to do X" arguments you might have bouncing around in your head

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
Lets resurrect this thread, eh? :) Cant beat a few good shiny photos

Heres my bushtool I got from Rob.

Stabilized box elder handle with black liners, silver tubes, high carbon bearing steel, [think its 52100] Double stitched leather sheath with decorated nickel silver chicago screws on sheath, and firesteel.

IMG_1498_zpsyqrccfzh.jpg

IMG_1559_zpsxxkwegja.jpg

IMG_1554_zpslvqi3zho.jpg

Working on a shuttle.

IMG_1525_zpsn2tgcfqg.jpg

Box elder is a type of american maple, when its injected with polymers, it becomes stabilised and a good turning wood.

This thread should be about 50 pages long...BCUSA has 109 pages, British blades has 117 pages, on their respective threads. [Show us your bushcraft users]

Last edited:

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
This is my old Paul Baker Bushman TZ, with a sheath I made for it. 01, with mahogany burl and loveless bolts.

P1000526_zpsukwrt8zy.jpg

Last edited:

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
stefan ronnqvist viking axe, hultafors limbing axe, my grandads elwell axe 4.5lb. I made the sheaths for these.

One off Alan Wood Muntjac skinner Rwl34. With red liners and white ivory micarta.

P1000157_zpsrlmqigwy.jpg

Busse Bushwhacker Mistress, infi steel. Micarta grip, 10" blade.

20160804_140850.jpg

Last edited:

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
Dave Budd Tomahawk, Skookum, and mora 106

P1000561_zps3k7ppjdq.jpg

TRC k1 in Elmax steel.

P1000257_zpsvy6ph6bn.jpg

P1000250_zpsiotjbiit.jpg

Case Stockman with Kentucky blue grass bone, and nickel silver bolsters and liners.

image6_zpswn2xxc1k.jpeg

Favorite Folding Saw. [Massive thing]

IMG_1563_zpshu3kpajk.jpg

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE