whats your main user?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Siberianfury

Native
Jan 1, 1970
mendip hills, somerset
I thought to post this thread to see what blades everyone is curently using as their main bushcraft knife, i know that as i get new blades my preferance changes a fair bit, my current user is a kellam tundra whittler puukko with reindeer antler and curly birch handle and a high carbon steel blade with a high scandi grind.

knife.jpg

i would be very interested to see what you folks are using these days.

Hi all
My main user is a frost clipper with a dougster sheath,
i cant really justify to myself buying an expensive hand made knife or some of the better mass produced knives as im still learning knife skills and i would be devestated if i ruined one, maybe once i get a bit more confident in my skills and can justify the cost i might look into something a bit more "bushcraft bling" but im very happy with the clipper its taken all the abuse i can throw at it and still does whatver i ask of it
Regards
Sam

gregorach

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 15, 2005
Edinburgh
Well, the knife I actually use most is a dirt cheap, stamped, Chinese-made, 440A stainless folder in the Stockman pattern, because that's what's always in my pocket - and it's the one that's always in my pocket because I don't care what happens to it (because it's a dirt cheap, stamped, etc, etc).

My main ("proper") bushcraft knife, on the other hand, is a Paul Baker New Graduate with oak slabs. From the ridiculous to the sublime, as it were... ;)

forestwalker

Either a bushcrafty blade or a smaller Sami antler-knife. The latter is really too small for my hand, but much better woodcarving knife, and weights far less.

knife.jpg

Crappy foto, pearwood handle, one lanyard hole in the rear, two rivets, 95 mm blade, 210 mm overall, blade is ground down to be thickest where blade meets handle (app. 4.5 mm), and thinning to about 3 mm near the ends.

Chris the Cat

Jan 29, 2008
Exmoor
I collect knives,mainly Bushcraft and have some real beauties that cry out to be used!
However,if i could grab only one in a hurry it would be my Dave Budd, Green Man Pro.
Other customs would do just as good a job I think,but I KNOW my Dave Budd would not let me down, having spent the most time together.
Regards.
Chris.

Retired Member southey

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jun 4, 2006
your house!
These are my gone bush carry, the knife really fits my hand well and i love the feel of the blade when holding for finer work,
DSCF2256.jpg

but these are my edc, the sak is suprisingly handy for the "sitting under tree whittling" moments,
DSCF2248.jpg

Spaniel man

Native
Apr 28, 2007
Somerset
Cutting-Crew.jpg

These are my main users although for personal reasons I don't use the axe as much as I should do.

That is a very nice little collection Wayland. I absolutely LOVE that barrel knife. I've been looking for one for a while. I'll bet it wasn't cheap either!
I found these http://www.britishblades.com/forums/showthread.php?t=67025&page=2&highlight=barrel a while ago, and I'm just waiting for him to get back to me.
Oh, and I use an H1 most of the time, but am erring toward smaller blades these days.

Kerne

Maker
Dec 16, 2007
Gloucestershire
Mora in a home made neck sheath. DC4 in the pouch. My other knives ( a Fallkniven F1 and a handmade bushy by a mate who was a blacksmith before going into teaching), see a fraction of the use of the trusy Mora.

wetform2eg5.jpg

Bought a Fallkniven u1 recently and have just finished a small belt sheath for it - never go out without it in the past couple of weeks.

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Give us a 'What it looks like now' pic please Red. ;)

It gets used, and manked up regularly Rich (as I'm sure you know)

Here it is after an extended trip

2970342718_ac2be28753_o.jpg

But it gets cleaned, sharpened, and we do it all over again. Stu promised me a "knife for life". It is - I can't abide "drawer queens".

Red

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
And since we are doing axes as well :D

2381238360_4802fd9819.jpg

This is currently my favourite carry. Mainly because my friend made it for me :)

Wilderbeast

Dec 9, 2008
Essex-Cardiff
I am SOOOOOOOOO jelous, some stunning bits of kit here, truly stunning, I've started picking out cegga axe designs and custom knife designs, and there's still 343 days till i can legally buy one, or two.....o.k 3, maybe 4??!!!!!!!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE