Whats your favourite bushcraft items?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

SOAR

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 21, 2007
cheshire
Just wondering what your favourite Bushcraft items?. Mine are my knife, this is my favourite one, my Kuksa, my spoon this one was the first one that I made, and I always use. my compass in its pouch, made by Pignut with a silver closer.(cheers fella) The compass was a wedding present from my wife on our wedding day.

100_4674.jpg

My compass.

100_4672.jpg

Simon.

mazeman

Forager
Jun 7, 2007
Porthmadog, Gwynedd
Just wondering what your favourite Bushcraft items?. Mine are my knife, this is my favourite one, my Kuksa, my spoon this one was the first one that I made, and I always use. my compass in its pouch, made by Pignut with a silver closer.(cheers fella) The compass was a wedding present from my wife on our wedding day.

Simon.

That's a lovely kuska, did you make it?

copper_head

Feb 22, 2006
Hull
Hmm thats a hard one, well I guess my knife as I use that most but theres a few little things that I really like. My crusader cup and cooker go everywhere with me, as does my buffs neck tube thing. I've used that to filter water thru and used it as an ankle support, oh and to keep my ears warm :D!
Another piece ok kit i really like is my modded LK35 because its simple, tough. its got my own additions too it and it proves that good outdoors kit dosent have to cost a bomb :).

lk35frontjd3.jpg

SOAR

Jan 21, 2007
cheshire
the Kuksa was a gift from a friend, I have a plan to make one, just not got the time yet.

Simon

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
Hard to say really

my Mora, my poncho, my vango force ten, all these are useful and I take pride in my luck at finding them.
I like ingenious gadgets like my folding stove and SAK
I find making sparks with my steel very appealing
Things I find to be a godsend are my Uco candle lanterns and little folding table.
Things I made myself like my pillowcase and poncho bag.

Karl5

Life Member
May 16, 2007
Switzerland
My boots.
Had them for 11 years now and they're as comfy as a pair of old slippers.
Sadly, they're getting very worn and I might have to replace them soon. :(

/ Karl

MartiniDave

Aug 29, 2003
Cambridgeshire
Bizarely I think I have to say my TV, without which I wouldn't have seen Tracks, Extreme Suvival, Bushcraft etc, and so wouldn't have got inspire to turn the dammn thing off and get out to try things.

After that the usual list,knife, ruk, axe etc, with the luxury item being my binos.

Dave

Gary Elson

Feb 27, 2007
Bulkington Warwickshire
Don't know if this counts but

The NHS comes top of the list along with my nameless kidney donor
without which I would still be fixed (literally) to a dialysis machine 3 times per week
for 6 hours a time.

It sure puts life into perspective about what we need !!

After that - there is a huge kit list - I allways carry to much but am learning :lmao:

Cheers

Gary

Not being blessed with the skills of the craftsman - I have a huge admiration for those that have been.

Therefore - my favorite bushcraft items are all handmade.

My Nessmuk knife from jojo.

My twisted dragon flint and steel in leather pouch.

My "3 hole" deep kuksa (more coffee capacity!).

My mini buffalo horn fire piston

My "Bushbuddy" mini wood burning stove.

I used to be of the "if it works - use it" school, but lately, I have derived more pleasure in using hand crafted items - even if the efficiency isn't on a par with the mass produced stuff and have even thought more about ditching synthetics in favour of natural materials (clothing, luggage and the like).

mazeman

Forager
Jun 7, 2007
Porthmadog, Gwynedd
Me, if I can count me as an item; I love taking me out, in the woods, up the mountains, down the rivers...

beyond that my favorite thing is my Swani bush shirt - warm and wonderful - even if I do get called Robin Hood a lot when I wear it!

william#

Settler
Sep 5, 2005
sussex
Me, if I can count me as an item; I love taking me out, in the woods, up the mountains, down the rivers...

beyond that my favorite thing is my Swani bush shirt - warm and wonderful - even if I do get called Robin Hood a lot when I wear it!

lol hey robin .
i remember when there was the fashion in the outdoors to where those skin tight trousers called traksters we use to call wearers peter pan

a few more years and we will have enough costumes for a panto

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE