Whats in your fire Kit

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Wayland

Hárbarðr
Tibetan_pouch_2.jpg

The Container is a Nepalese wire worked, brass box that I use as a tinderbox, it contains scorched linen patches.

The firesteel is an antique one from Tibet and had seen a great deal of use before it came into my hands.

It is actually one of the best firesteels I have ever used but I also like the sense of continuity and history that I get when using it.

I based the pouch on a Tibetan fire pouch and worked the brass cover to link it's design to the firesteel.

RonW

Native
Nov 29, 2010
Dalarna Sweden
I have:
an ordinary bic-lighter.....
a firesteel
tampons (these will ignite, even with a bad quality firesteel and burn quite fiercely)
little candle
and a small bottle of deet insectrepellent. One spark and go!

Knightfisher8

Forager
Nov 17, 2010
Scotland
I just came across this thread and thought id contribute something that I learned :

If any of you guys carry a lighter in you fire kit make sure its the button ignition rather than the 1 with the wheel flint, if your hands are damp /wet the wheel gets damp off your fingers and wont work and will be very difficult to get dry to work . the button type doesnt have that problem and lights with wet hands . This might just be common sense to alot of people anyway but i thought id post , i learned the hard way

button type prefered
images.jpg

as apposed to the wheel type

imagesCA3D76E4.jpg

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE