What to make with rabbit skins?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Greg

Jul 16, 2006
Pembrokeshire
boisdevie said:
I've got lots of rabbit skins that I've tanned with the fur on. So far I've made a hat. I was wondering about moccasins but does anyone have any other ideas what I can make with them?

How about a nice warm pair of mittens for winter!

Matt Weir

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 22, 2006
Tyldesley, Lancashire.
madrussian said:
I'd like to see a pic of your hat. I have a few skins and would like to try to make a hat.

The next 'big thing' in the coming summer collection I believe...

rabbithead.jpg

:lmao:

Matt.

pierre girard

Need to contact Admin...
Dec 28, 2005
Hunter Lake, MN USA
boisdevie said:
I've got lots of rabbit skins that I've tanned with the fur on. So far I've made a hat. I was wondering about moccasins but does anyone have any other ideas what I can make with them?

My grandmother made blankets from green rabbit skin. These were made in the Ojibwe style. This would make an extremely warm blanket - suitable for cold Minnesota winters. She would do it in the following manner:

Cut scraped green skins into one inch strips (cutting round and round the hide). She would then soak the strips in water and place the wet green skin strips on a pole - letting the wind whip and twist the strip into cord. The cord would then be woven into blanket squares. It would take a number of squares to make a blanket. The squares would be whipstitched together with another rabbit skin cord.

PG

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE