What does a Bird Think When it Looks at You?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Hi Everyone!

I wrote an article online recently about what a bird thinks when it looks at you. I am convinced it sees a scary dinosaur!

Here is an abbreviated version of my reasoning from the article. Below is a picture of a Blue whale skeleton that I photographed while birding.

Blue-Whale-1.jpg

Blue Whales are the largest animals currently living on Earth, and "Ms. Blue" is 26.5 meters long. This is 15 times larger than me. Yet I am 23 times larger than a Bushtit! (a songbird I also saw on my outing)

If a Tyrannosaurus Rex is about 13 meters long (only 7.8 times larger than a human). What must be going through a birds mind when it sees you hiking down the trail?

What do you think? (about this theory, not about my mental stability) :)

- Woodsorrel

wicca

Native
Oct 19, 2008
South Coast
Oh! Oh! Here comes one of those strange giants again..Knew it was, could feel the ground shaking because they hop along in a funny way. I'll sit up here on this branch I think..they can't fly you know..Too heavy I 'spose, only got feathers on their heads anyway...
Might be lucky, sometimes they throw food around and then click that gadget when I fly down to eat it. Hope it gets the grub out before it takes it's home off it's back and gets inside for the night. 'Ello what's it up to now? Ah! it's ok it's only setting fire to it's food..they often do that before they eat it, strange lot they are ... Can't sing a note you know...if there's two of them they just grunt at each other..How they attract a mate I don't know. Ah! here we go...must make sure it sees me, a little posing then it's click click....and yeah! crumbs..;)

Oh! Oh! Here comes one of those strange giants again..Knew it was, could feel the ground shaking because they hop along in a funny way. I'll sit up here on this branch I think..they can't fly you know..Too heavy I 'spose, only got feathers on their heads anyway...
Might be lucky, sometimes they throw food around and then click that gadget when I fly down to eat it. Hope it gets the grub out before it takes it's home off it's back and gets inside for the night. 'Ello what's it up to now? Ah! it's ok it's only setting fire to it's food..they often do that before they eat it, strange lot they are ... Can't sing a note you know...if there's two of them they just grunt at each other..How they attract a mate I don't know. Ah! here we go...must make sure it sees me, a little posing then it's click click....and yeah! crumbs..;)

Too funny!!! :)

- Woodsorrel

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I think birds are just feathery dinosaurs, so I suspect they're really thinking that we'd be tasty if we were just a bit more manageable sized :D

M

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
I believe you are anthropomorphising birds. They are not humans and their brains do not work as ours do.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE