What do you like best?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

What do you like best?

• Total voters

Squidders

Aug 3, 2004
Harrow, Middlesex
walking is ok but at times, just a little more hard work than i'd like... I do prefer to ride my horse though as he enjoys being out and about as much as I do when given the chance.

D

DOC-CANADA

SquirrelBoy said:
If I wanted to travel a fair distance it would be the canoe but if just enjoying the slow life in the woods it would be walking for me :)

Who says you have to paddle? Nothing more relaxing than floating down a river in a canoe. And, do you know how much liquid refreshment a canoe holds? :lol:

:smile: DOC-CANADA :smile:

ChrisKavanaugh

Need to contact Admin...
This poll is hardly fair. In winter I'd want snowshoes or a dogsled and in river or lake country a canoe. In Lost Angeles a restored Panzer Tiger might, might finally get the attention of SUV occupants with a cellphone in one hand, S tarbucks latte between their legs and the free hand strategically readied to render a one finger salute to those with the temerity to honk or fail to read their vehicle body language substituting for signals. Otherwise it's walking upright like our earliest ancestors or riding/ driving horses. My Hackney Pony is trained to handle gunfire and the jungle SMLE is in a scabbard for potential drivebyes. :shock:

arctic hobo

Native
Oct 7, 2004
Devon *sigh*
www.dyrhaug.co.uk
ChrisKavanaugh said:
In Los Angeles a restored Panzer Tiger might, might finally get the attention of SUV occupants with a cellphone in one hand, S tarbucks latte between their legs and the free hand strategically readied to render a one finger salute to those with the temerity to honk or fail to read their vehicle body language substituting for signals.

:rolmao: :rolmao: :rolmao: :You_Rock_

Rain man

Tenderfoot
Mar 7, 2006
London
Hello, I'm a definate walker, but i also love taking my inflatable boat out on river trips... its fully inflatable no hard floor, so its VERY comfy to just chill out on and float down stream. Any body else used inflatables? I know I know, not very purist bushcrafty, but neither are 4x4s. But until u've leant up against a wooden canoe and an inflatable & compared the comfort.... mmmm such comfort! Had me and friends with equipment no prblems. And are very easy to pick up and carry if need be too. Any opinions?
P.s, still love canoeing, just can't afford my own tho. Was considering a klepper (SBS style) but find myself lacking the 4 grand. :(

Abbe Osram

Native
Nov 8, 2004
Sweden
milzart.blogspot.com
I like hiking, sleadge-dog mushing was a hell of a lot fun, canoing is like meditation,
Now I started to drive with a snow-maschine and I like it but it stinks and is noisy, still its fun.

cheers
Abbe

Spacemonkey

Native
May 8, 2005
Llamaville.
www.jasperfforde.com
Well, if in the woods, it's walking or mountain biking, on the river it's kayaking, but equally i enjoy offroading on either motorbikes or 4x4s. No real preferance for either really as I equally enjoy all, it just depends on the mood i'm in, but obviously I walk the most.

Would like to try paragliding this year. Should be a giggle...

Saskia

Mar 2, 2006
The Netherlands
During holidays, I prefer a bicycle. I love the combination of cycling and camping. It's easy, cheap and you can go wherever you want.
When I'm just away for a weekend, I'm often hiking. Just choose a nice area.

moduser

Life Member
May 9, 2005
Farnborough, Hampshire
I voted for walking as that's what I do most.

Preference would be canoe or kayak but here in the UK riparian rights mean, for an extended trip, that unless you follow the canals and major navigations you end up humping your boat as much as paddling it.

Moduser

swyn

Life Member
Nov 24, 2004
Eastwards!
I have three in ascending order. I must say that ChricKavanaugh made me laugh with the panzer tank option :D I saw a lovely hackney display at last years Royal show. This brings a serious question as to how do you acclimatise a horse to gunfire?
Anyway my three, before I get too sidetracked!
1, On horseback
2,Canoe/sea kayak.
3,Train
Just a note to those who may want to know (in particular those who live in the South East). The Thames estuary is a super place to explore by canoe. Remember one R.M programme showing his fishing and what he caught. Plenty more where that came from.
I travelled in India,Australia,Europe,UK, by train and to me it is still a fantastic way to travel through a country. Parts of the railways are built along the most amazing and otherwise inaccessable coastlines.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE