What do you like best?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

What do you like best?

• Total voters

TheViking

Native
Jun 3, 2004
Hi...

Which kind of transport' do you like best, when traveling in the wilderness?? :wink:
Personally i like canoe best! :biggthump :)

bushwacker bob

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 22, 2003
STRANGEUS PLACEUS
Horses. well trained ones. Save your legs,environmentally friendly and wildlife acts like your not there!
But I do love walking
and
the Range Rover :?:

MartiniDave

Aug 29, 2003
Cambridgeshire
I go for walking, after I've used my Land Rover to transport my kayak to the river to get me to an out of the way island!

Ahh, If only....

Dave

SquirrelBoy

Nomad
Feb 1, 2004
UK
If I wanted to travel a fair distance it would be the canoe but if just enjoying the slow life in the woods it would be walking for me :)

Kim

Nomad
Sep 6, 2004
Birmingham
In an ideal world, god I'd love to go everywhere on horseback...but I can't, because I haven't got one so that's out. Secondly, I've always wanted to go canoing/kayaking, but I never have, so that's out...and I can't drive...

WALKING.

On my two reliable (sort of) old feet.

hootchi

Settler
Walking for me. :wink: I can't say I have tried the others as a mode of transport in a wilderness area but I have tried them and am partial to a bit of canoeing or kayaking.

I'd quite like to take up expedition(?) kayaking sometime. :biggthump

alick

Settler
Aug 29, 2003
Northwich, Cheshire
Only had time and cash to try it once but I great day out running down hills and taking off with a "parafoil" style parachute.

Exhilarating, great view, saves endless aggro on the knees during descents but of course you have an extra 20 odd pounds to hump up the hill in the first place.

I was lucky enough to get a kilometer long flight on this first day - yow!

Otherwise I like boats - yachts all the way down to kayaks.

I don't click with horses - far too little response between the steering & the wheels - and don't even think about brakes :eek:):

EdS

Walking for me.

Though i really do like taking my old Landy IF its not going to do any damage to the environment - mind you I've got in to the habit of taking my company car (nice shiney new Astra) place where non 4x4 wouldn't ever get the chance to go.

I'd like a canoe/kayak or decent inflatable as the idea of a river trip really appeals.

PurpleHeath

Forager
Jan 5, 2005
West Sussex, England
i am not really a water person i like looking at it but not really have any desire to float on it. i did have a horse but they do tend to make to much noise when walking and you kind of lose the intimacy with the ground that you have when walking. althrough the horse will hear animals that you would not hear so the is an up side.

always walking for me, it's also cheaper!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE