West Mdlands Meet - Summer'08

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

addo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 8, 2006
Derbyshire
Cheers everyone for a great meet, decorum your a star.
Will make it down for the whole meet next time, hope to meet those of you at the moot that are going.
The stews were great thanks to all those involved, I'll try and bring some bunnies next time, and knock up a stew myself.

xylaria

That was a lovely meet, I am not used to camping in such good weather. Loved the curry. Thanks Decorum.

No probs - I made sure you didn't get within range of my lens :)

I need to speak with a couple of the parents before I post pics with their kids in, but I'll have some up later tonight I hope.

As long as they don't look like ill bred mutants, or drunken knife wielding weirdos, i don't mind piccies of my kids been put up.

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
Thanks again to George and his Dad - It had a charging today and swmbo wants to borrow it when she goes away in a couple of weeks.
cool0013.gif

lol I duno, what you get up2? An enjoyable experiance?

You should try to get to the next meet to see how 'frisky' things get for yourself:D

frisk·y (frsk)
adj. frisk·i·er, frisk·i·est
Energetic, lively, and playful: a frisky kitten.

I think most people who attended would agree that there was an air of calm and serenity at the meet. Things to do if you wanted or chilling out to do if you prefered.

I personally spent far too long chasing my lad round with his flaming birch bark fire sword to do any of the above.:lmao:

HTH
Bodge:)

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
I personally spent far too long chasing my lad round with his flaming birch bark fire sword to do any of the above.:lmao:

I think he's in training to join the flaming torch wielding mob Bodge. Count yourself lucky you missed out on the flaming tree root he graduated to :D We did explain to him that was a tad too big to be wandering around with.

At least HE enjoyed himself and at the end of the day that's the best bit :)

Andy2112

On a new journey
Jan 4, 2007
West Midlands
Hi all,

Off work last week so no internet, hence no word from me !!

Just like to say what a great weekend it was with you guys, i came a stranger and left with new friends. Brilliant, can't wait to do it again (hint hint Decorum ???).

Did feel a bit like the Blair Witch project on sunday night as my mate wanted to go back to the car to get a blanket but unfortunately we got a bit disorientated (ok, lost) in the woods and ended up back at main camp, i told him to wear an extra t-shirt.

It's taken my camping to the next level.

A BIG thank you goes to Decorum for organising it all

Woodstock, cracking curry mate, i'm still talking about it.

The bannock boys, sorry can't remember your screen names but lovely bannocks lads, much was they enjoyed.

Overall i really enjoyed the weekend and i can't wait to do it again.

Thanks to everyone for making me feel really welcome.:D :D :D

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Sorry, what? Were you wearing earplugs all the time or what? I wasn't feeling calm and sereen at 5:30 in the morning. If it wasn't feral scouts it was the flipping birds.

And the echoing cry of a Disgruntled Facilitator.... very rare beasties they are and very dangerous when disturbed :D

........ it was the flipping birds.

At least we didn't have that sodding cuckoo serenading us at 4:30 in the morning this time. Just crows and pigeons

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
And the echoing cry of a Disgruntled Facilitator.... very rare beasties they are and very dangerous when disturbed :D

And I kept it polite too :D . If I'd realised that it'd disturbed others I'd have
character0029.gif
earlier - there were quite a few ramifications
fighting0080.gif

At least we didn't have that sodding cuckoo serenading us at 4:30 in the morning this time. Just crows and pigeons

You get used to the crows - sometimes they finish so late and start so early that it's easy to believe that they don't take a break
scared0012.gif
. Believe it or not they're more 'active' up near the main field
party0023.gif

It's cool when the pheasants walk through in the early hours though :cool: .

woodstock

Apr 7, 2007
off grid somewhere else
party0023.gif

It's cool when the pheasants walk through in the early hours though :cool: .[/QUOTE]

I missed them I must have been falling over at the time as for the rooks I have a very good recipe for rooks
:thinkerg:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE