Washing machine dealers repairers

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Chiseller

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 5, 2011
West Riding
Do we have anybody that knows their way around washing machines stop I have Me Hoover Hotpoint washer dryer if you can look at these pictures and let me know if this will be expensive repair buy expensive I mean over £50 thank you
uploadfromtaptalk1443790318364.jpg
4381161b919ffa1c3c907a65eef899e0.jpg

48889fd0465588844a9b4898e532db5e.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

dwardo

Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
Looks like its got damp and been arcing. Or what ever that plugs into has shorted and failed.
For ever fixing as ours lives in the garage and we have a 5 year old.
YouTube is brilliant for this.

feralpig

Forager
Aug 6, 2013
Mid Wales
I have one Hotpoint washing machine that is over 20 years old. It's still possible to get most the parts for it, and I often do. What I can't get, I can mostly make.
I've got two other that I have repaired on standby, similar vintage. Old ones are great, parts are super cheap.

I have no idea if that plug is available or not. I get my parts from an independent electrical shop. Never really tried online.
If that was mine, I'd chop the plug off, and crimp individual connectors on the leads, being VERY careful to put them back in the right place. Clean up the male terminals well, with a needle file.
Digital cameras are your friend.
I'd say the right place could supply that plug with no issue, for less than a fiver. Finding the right place is the issue.

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
http://www.espares.co.uk/

These people have been great, I've had loads of weird and old stuff from them; you just have to work out what the item you need is called, then order it. Worth giving them a call but be sure to have the details of the machine ready.....Not just the model no., but the info from the plate on the back (usually).

Chiseller

Oct 5, 2011
West Riding
cheers for all the helpful repies

.sorted it with a man in the pub and its up and running again
....new part ordered...cost....a good drink ;)

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

feralpig

Forager
Aug 6, 2013
Mid Wales
Good you got it sorted. Washing machines are pretty simple, and the older ones are very repairable. I pick up a bit of scrap now and again, and often pick up washing machines off customers. One of the favourite tricks on newer ones is the spider breaking off the back of the drum. The drum is contained in the plastic outer bit, and you cannot get it out without cutting the plastic. £350 upwards machine, beyond economic repair, because of a bust rivet.......

A plug burning out like that seems a common problem. I think the reason is, moisture gets in, corrodes part of the terminal, and as the corrosion spreads, the available path for the power becomes smaller, and so it heats up.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE