wanted ww2 military memorabilia

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

blackfeather

Settler
Jun 13, 2010
west yorkshire
small items of historic interest mainly british but stuff from other nations also welcome i have loads of stuff to trade some very very nice bushy gear!!!
please pm with details..

woof

Apr 12, 2008
lincolnshire
I have some webbing/holster & stuff, both English & American. I even have an American issue(issued to my dad in ww2)down mountain bag, thats in good condition,.

Rob

Gill

Jun 29, 2004
SCOTLAND
I have this original WW11 SAS smock,it is in excellent wearable condition ,These are getting harder to find now these are the ones worn again in the first gulf war by Andy Mcnab and Chris Ryan in Bravo two zero.
Picture2430.jpg

Picture2429.jpg

Picture2438.jpg

Biker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Got a genuine one of these:

DBMC2085BK.jpg

One of these:

152650d1288536523-ww2-british-parachutists-dagger-para-1.jpg

And one of these:

1163d1193650275-luftwaffe-compass-wrist-compass.jpg

All are original. I've had the daggers since the early 70's from my uncle and they're bunged in a drawer under my workbench, they're planning on being sold off sometime this year to raise funds, so not looking to anything to trade for them.

The German one in the picture is a replica but basically exactly the same as the one I own right down to the engraving/etching on the blade, it's missing the nickel end of the scabbard, the hanger chain with collar mid way down the scabbard and the SS/Swastika sign on the pommel but still has the eagle on the ebony handle. It's 100% the genuine article.

The British army dagger looks pretty much identical to the one in the pic right down to the shape of the leather sheath. I have no reason to doubt that this isn't 100% genuine either given the age I was given it. (early 70's)

The compass I was given when I was about 7 years old by an old rag and bone man, for years I thought it was a divers compass, turns out it's German Luftwaffe issue. Not too sure I want to part with that though. Saw one go on ebay for £80+ last year.

Drop me a PM if you're interested in more details and I can supply actual photos etc.

spandit

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 6, 2011
East Sussex, UK
I've got a large, predominantly red, German flag from the era but it's not for sale. My grandfather captured it at some point

blackfeather

Settler
Jun 13, 2010
west yorkshire
hi mate thanks for that but am looking for 1940s stuff but only small items as they are going ina display cabinet which im getting for my birthday in a few days
but cheers anyway.....[

QUOTE=Gill;1056449]I have this original WW11 SAS smock,it is in excellent wearable condition ,These are getting harder to find now these are the ones worn again in the first gulf war by Andy Mcnab and Chris Ryan in Bravo two zero.
Picture2430.jpg

Picture2429.jpg

Picture2438.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Got a genuine one of these:

DBMC2085BK.jpg

The German one in the picture is a replica but basically exactly the same as the one I own right down to the engraving/etching on the blade, it's missing the nickel end of the scabbard, the hanger chain with collar mid way down the scabbard and the SS/Swastika sign on the pommel but still has the eagle on the ebony handle. It's 100% the genuine article.

A friend of mine in California has one of those knifes along a picture of him being presented it by Hitler himself... he was 7 years old at the time and met Hitler because his uncle was an adjutant to Goering who engineered a meeting for the family. By all accounts my friend was considered a to be lovely blonde haired, blue eyed Aryan child by Hitler hence the gift... :rolleyes:

Biker

Well my story is not quite so dramatic. My uncle got it form someplace, it hung on his bedroom wall as a teenager for years and when he got married it somehow ended up on my bedroom wall along with the commando dagger (least assume it's a commando dagger). So I've had it since I was about 13 I think.

Must be an amazing story your mate in California has to tell about that dagger and the photo to go along with it, a rare thing indeed.

johnboy

Oct 2, 2003
Hamilton NZ
www.facebook.com
A friend of mine in California has one of those knifes along a picture of him being presented it by Hitler himself... he was 7 years old at the time and met Hitler because his uncle was an adjutant to Goering who engineered a meeting for the family. By all accounts my friend was considered a to be lovely blonde haired, blue eyed Aryan child by Hitler hence the gift... :rolleyes:

He's not the Pope is he??:rolleyes::rolleyes::D

biker said:
somehow ended up on my bedroom wall along with the commando dagger (least assume it's a commando dagger).

Is that photo of the actual 'dagger' you have? If so it looks to be a late ( 3rd) pattern FS fighting knife.

Heaps of info on this site on all things FS...

http://www.gotavapen.se/gota/artiklar/fs/p3/fs_knife_p3.htm

Biker

Here's a pic of the two knives I have in question. Never been cleaned, polished, sharpened, touched up or anything by yours truly. Don't know why I never did, just didn't seem right at the time and now I am sooooo glad I didn't. Seen so many examples of half-ar$ed restorations. I htink my uncle may have repainted the sheath and there seems to be a dodgy looking area on the German Dagger handle that looks like filler where a piece of the ebony may have fallen out and where the top Swastika or SS symbol may have been lost.

Daggers.jpg

Last edited:

Chiseller

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 5, 2011
West Riding
Nice daggers :thumbup: 'my honor is true' is the other a fairburn sykes fighting dagger ?

Not forgotten your soles, just not had chance to get to my mates

Sent from my E10i using Tapatalk

blackfeather

Settler
Jun 13, 2010
west yorkshire
its really funny cos the ss dagger is actually a swiss holbien design whichwas not exactly german and yet the design for the holbein goes back even further to the germanic tribes who roamed europe at the time of the romans if you google celtic sword you will find examples and the principle is in the handle shape...
p.s. id love the ss dagger and fairburn

Trunks

May 31, 2008
Haworth
Come to the Haworth 1940's weekend on the 19-20. May, they always have loads of gear for sale :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE